Best memories Of players performances

ram1964

One which will always stick in my memory was Malcolm Christie. When he scored 2 against Manure only for the 3rd to be disallowed for no reason.

Also enjoyed Idakez his free kicks and passing skills were brilliant.

That Christie performance agains Man U came to mind to me as well.

Remember that game well.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saunders vs QPR away in 1989/90 ish, beat Paul Parker for pace from inside our half, then smashed it past David Seaman.

Magic.

Great moment. I was there. A sunny early season game from memory

Phil Gee - winner in the 2-1 home win over Arsenal the year they pipped Liverpool to the title

Paul Blades - smashed in a great free kick against Coventry in a 1-0 win at the BBG

Kitson - goal to put us 3-2 against Sheff Wed in the Cup - the buildup, everyone knew it was coming - such a great game

Carbonari - when he waltzed through the Forest defence and smashed in a late winner

Goddard - scored a header against Man U at OT after Saunders absolutely slaughtered Steve Bruce from the halfway line for pace before floating across to the backstick the greatest cross you're ever likely to see

Kinkladze vs Wimbledon - I still can't remember jus how many of their players he beat before scoring!

Wanchope - Man U at OT because you know, what a flicking goal!

Other players who I'm sure scored great goals but examples of which elude me - Tommy Johnson, Eranio, Baiano, Asanovic....

Tommy Johnson - '94 play off final against Fester. Great move, great shot.

Baiano - against Southampton when we scored like 4 in the last 20 mins or so. Can't recall which was his but there were loads of flicks and one-touch stuff in the build up.

Asanovic - Chelsea 1997 at the Bridge. Free kick from about a mile and a half out.

Eranio.....er.....no...got me there

I've always respected keepers best games more than outfield players, 'cause IMO it so sausage hard.

So some game from Poom, can't just pick one...

Sunderland?

:ph34r:

Doesn't really fit the trend here, but as I was only born in the early 90s all of my memories at Pride Park. Neither parent are from Derby, so I didn't start going until I was 14. Two moments really stand out for me (although they'll have nothing on some of the older memories some have of the late 60s/early 70s and the 90s teams):

Kris Commons scoring the only goal of the game against a Man U team containing the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes, Giggs etc. Still got the scarf from that game.

The Brighton play-off semi-final last season also stands out. Never heard an atmosphere like it at the iPro/Pride Park, and the team were in the form of their lives. Didn't stop singing from the beginning to the end, and it's always nice to get on the pitch at the end too.

Mark Wright running half the pitch to punch a Norwich player.

And he then left the melee and innocently walked away ...never worked, and he got a red

Great moment. I was there. A sunny early season game from memory

We won there September 1989, with a Deano winner ( obviously not the run from in own half like in that season's reverse fixture at the BBG )

Archived