Predicted WC2022 1st XI.

Howard Canitbé

Not by me, I might add.

A video I came across on YouTube:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t5WDiVCpyfc

For those who can't be arsed to watch the whole thing, the team is this:

Butland (Stoke)

Sam Byram (Leeds)   Reece Oxford (West Ham)   John Stones (Everton)   Luke Shaw (Man U)

Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea)   Ross Barkley (Everton)   Dan Crowley (Arsenal)

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool)     Harry Kane (Spurs)    James Wilson (Man U)

They neglected to mention a subs bench.

So no Will Hughes, no Jordan Ibe, no Tom Ince, no Patrick Bamford, no George Thorne.

I'm sure there are other young players out there I'm unaware of that other teams would be shocked didn't make the cut.

Thoughts?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see why people bother predicting teams. A player could turn into the next Messi and play at the 2022 WC for England at 18. He'd be 11 now, so he wouldn't be predicted.

Reminds me of a newspaper article from around 2006 predicting 2014 WC squad and pretty much every prediction had flopped horrendously.

Things like this are way too subjective,especially in regards to who might be rated by one person but not even on radar on another.

As Kernow said this far into future anything can happen.Might be a young great striker right now in US who will be say 21-22 when this happens but no one really knows about him.

No guaranteed players I can think of with USMNT for WC 2022.

The USMNT team for 2014 missing some from what was predicted.Very hard to predict that into future.Players could lose it,other players could pop up out of nowhere,etc.

Michael Johnson, subject of "whatever happened to him?" newspaper articles since 2013.

Obviously predicting England squads this far into the future is a pretty high order, but just thought it was interesting that our own players who are playing very well, and have been consistent at a relatively high level for some time, are overlooked in favour of players I've never heard of in the PL's U18s.

Also, not even being funny but why does nobody ever talk about Britt Assombalonga?

Agreed, he's gone under the radar. Huge shame about his latest injury.

It's mainly because the media focus on PL clubs, and top 10 clubs at that.

Also watching some other videos by that Youtube account...meh.

Didn't bother watching any others.

So nobody from any unfashionable clubs? One Championship player, and he's at Leeds cos they're a sleeping giant obviously... Clearly better than Nathaniel Clyne or Andre Wisdom....

I must admit only players I recognize are Stones,Shaw,Kane,Byram,Butland,Sterling,and Barkley.

Never heard of the others.

Right, I'm going to go:-

David Seaman

Gary Neville

Rio Ferdinand

John Terry

Ashley Cole

David Beckham

Paul Scholes

Frank Lampard

Steven Gerrard

Wayne Rooney

Michael Owen

These guys really are the golden generation and I think they should be given one more chance for glory before trying to plan for the future and bring some youngsters through

It's interesting to note that Roy Hodgson is already being asked by certain areas of the press as to whether Jordon Ibe is ready for a call-up (yes, that's all it takes folks - 2 games for the hubcap-stealers). Hodgson said that "

Archived