Paul Dickov - Leicester City

Day

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rams fans!

Odd one with Dickov, the bloke has gone from being a fans favorite 6 years ago to being utterly useless and a bit of a joke now. A rumour going round last summer just after we resigned him said that he'd had a nasty back injury after leaving Blackpool, which lead to his very poor form.

All footballing talent seems to have left him although rest assured that he will work his nads off whenever he gets the chance.

He's a likeable bloke, who will hopefully be remembered by Leicester fans for what he did in his first spell at the club but I really have no idea why Clough has signed him and let Varney go out on loan, this is afterall a bloke that couldn't get in ahead of Sir Barry Hayles last season!:confused:

Best of luck for the new season anyways.

Originally posted by David;30693

Barry Hayles, is he still playing? must be at least 50 odd by now surely.

At Cheltenham now with another Leicester legend -

Elvis Hammond.

Believe it or not Hayles was the 'target man' we used whenever super Steve Howard was out last year.

Originally posted by vicky-27;30714

Hi foxfan - and welcome

How are da da da da Stevie Howard and Oakley doing this season ?

Thanks Vicky!

Sooper Stevie Howard has become a bit of a talisman really, I love him to bits we've not had a proper center forward like him in years. Oakley is still a good little player, he seems to have excelled in his role as captain. (Steven Clemence is still club captain but has been injured for over a year).....

Both will need replacing in a year or so but they're still very good footballers.

another crap signing by Clough!

i wasn't overly impressed with Clough's appointment as manager cos i felt it was a sentimental appointment by the board.

Clough's signings on the whole have been poor,with this Dickov signing the worst one yet.

he paid £1 million for Barker yet plays a former Burton player instead!

he signs a goalkeeper who cant get a game in front of a 46 year old!

i know im in the minority and i will get shot down for this but i honestly think Clough is out of his depth at this level

Originally posted by rams71;30754

another crap signing by Clough!

i wasn't overly impressed with Clough's appointment as manager cos i felt it was a sentimental appointment by the board.

Clough's signings on the whole have been poor,with this Dickov signing the worst one yet.

he paid £1 million for Barker yet plays a former Burton player instead!

he signs a goalkeeper who cant get a game in front of a 46 year old!

i know im in the minority and i will get shot down for this but i honestly think Clough is out of his depth at this level

Yep agree but Barker is still slightly injured.Ok we are getting the debt down from a reported £40m to £15m which is a fantastic achievement.I am concerned though with the players being bought in and we are derby county.We need investers Im afraid to sort this mess.I am positive with whats happening but at the same time p*ssed off with the yanks for not spending money.They will get the debt down then sell,simple.

• 2 months later...
In terms of the poll, I say give him a chance, a year ago Savage was probably the most hated player at Derby, but he is now one of the most loved.

I have given him a chance and I don't think he is that bad, he set up both of our goals last night, but his sitter just before HT was embarrassing.

Another thing I like about him is his workrate, as seen in the run-up to our second goal last night.

When the loan deal expires in January I'd say thanks for all the hardwork and all the best with Leicester. Can't fault the workrate although with Hulse, Porter, Davies and Vaughan coming back he would be surplus to requirements.

Archived