Paul Dickov - Leicester City

Day

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pansies? are you going to foot our court bills if we allow comments to be made which are libelous? I didn't think so.

I take it you didn't hear about the Sheffield Wednesday fans that were taken to court by their own club over comments made on a forum?

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/oct/22/news.blogging]http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2007/...2/news.blogging

If you can backup what you are saying as fact then PM me the details and will discuss if we'l allow the posts to stay. I'm guessing you are forming an opinion on what you have read in the paper or seen in the news without knowing the real facts of what happened. Dickov was found not guilty in court, if you make posts like you did they are classed as libelous and this forum and you can be taken to court.

why dont he go the full hog and ask tony adams and ray parlour to come and play for us?

jesus h christ whats with this signing, a 36 year old ex lester scum bag,

does he come with his own oxygen bag and stand?

does the stand have wheels on it ? will he mark the pitch with them?

can he still hold his own urine for 90 mins?

will he forget he,s actually in a game and go off and

turn his oven on full?

does the f a have rules for playing in dentures?

will this invalidate his pension from the government?

will the other players want to watch him dribble his tea down him at half time?

why dont he go the full hog and ask tony adams and ray parlour to come and play for us?

I would have Tony Adams if he could prove his fitness, alongside Addison it would be an awesome central pairing.

jesus h christ whats with this signing, a 36 year old ex lester scum bag,

does he come with his own oxygen bag and stand?

I would imagine he would have his own stand although we may have to get a few bags of oxygen for him at some point.

does the stand have wheels on it ? will he mark the pitch with them?

The stand will have wheels on it although it shouldn't mark the pitch.

can he still hold his own urine for 90 mins?

He won't have to as you have half time after 45mins, if he can't make 45mins we could have serious problems. We may have to use him as a super sub for the last 10mins.

will he forget he,s actually in a game and go off and

turn his oven on full?

I don't think he's lost his marbles just yet, it doesn't say he has on Wiki.

does the f a have rules for playing in dentures?

No.

will this invalidate his pension from the government?

He will have to declare he is working to the Pension office, I think you can still work a few hours each week whilst collecting your pension. I'm not 100% on that so you better ask Vicky she will no more about collecting pensions than me.

will the other players want to watch him dribble his tea down him at half time?

I think they eat a couple of hours before a game so I doubt this will be an issue.

Im beginning to be increasingly worried about the finances available to Nigel Clough.I dont want to resurrect Mr Gadsbys argument of "where is the money?" but I cant help but think he has a point.I realise we arent loaded but the nature of our signings should set some alarm bells ringing.Dickov is 36 for Christs sake.If it was a premiership class player in his latter years taking a drop down to this division (as Teddy Sheringham did) its understandable,but this guy cant get in Leicesters team.

Look at the other teams in our division making decent and half decent signings,whether permanent or on loan.We are going for an ageing forward whose fitness must also be an issue.

Look, we aint got no strikers in the club, we aint seen him play, people do get left out of teams for various reasons, not always football ones, like Robert Savage had been.

Give him a chance, and if after 2 games he is that shocking give him the bird.

As for the money, lets all calm down, why are we so uptight about the clubs money. Fer fecks sake, we nearly went out of business not long back, and should really have been docked 10 points or worse.

We could have been demoted to the lower league, and do you think anybody would have touched us down there? don't think so.

So take a chill pill and sit back and enjoy your football. If you want to worry about finances and running a club, there's plenty up for sale and going into administration, maybe you could do a better job?

What happens if Hulse, Davies and Commons pick up long term injuries in the next month to 6 weeks which rules them out until Christmas along with Porter, which is highly possible considering there injury track records, this leaves us with 36 year old Dickov who couldn't hack it at League 1 last year, we need better than that, ffs recall Varney if we can.

19 games after the Forest game before the transfer window re-opens, by that time we could be knee deep in the **** and struggling to stay in this league. If we haven't got the money to splash out on a striker fine, we could still go out and loan in a young player as QPR have done with Jay Simpson that will be out to kick start his career and impress Wenger, not a 36 year old has been that never was a 'has'.

You mention Savage as an example but we shouldn't be playing Savage week in week out at his age, Matty mentioned he looked slow the other week, other members have also commented that we shouldn't be relying on Savage. He'l be knackered in a few months the same as Dickov will be if we end up having to rely on him alone up front to get the goals.

Originally posted by Boycie;30284

Look, we aint got no strikers in the club, we aint seen him play, people do get left out of teams for various reasons, not always football ones, like Robert Savage had been.

Give him a chance, and if after 2 games he is that shocking give him the bird.

As for the money, lets all calm down, why are we so uptight about the clubs money. Fer fecks sake, we nearly went out of business not long back, and should really have been docked 10 points or worse.

We could have been demoted to the lower league, and do you think anybody would have touched us down there? don't think so.

So take a chill pill and sit back and enjoy your football. If you want to worry about finances and running a club, there's plenty up for sale and going into administration, maybe you could do a better job?

Finally someone with abit of sense

Archived