Paul Dickov - Leicester City

Day

You need a squad which includes cover for all areas, this signing does nothing for us other than add more deadwood. Loaning Varney out now looks a complete cock up, you don't loan out your crap players to replace them with ***** players.

This could be quite possibly the most shocking signing we have made in the last decade.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Owwww I can't wait, we aint even signed him yet, and if we do, I feckin hope he scores a winner at the CG.

Xmas birthdays barmitvas all will come together. Forget Ruben Reid and Savs legs, i'll feast on this for 10 years! whahahahahahah

but its all what ifs...... what if we go to florist at the weekend and savage and dickov score 2 goals each will everyone be saying all this then and what if he turns out to be really good and ends up being top goalscorer will everyone be slagging of cloughie and co then ?? no and i know that these more than likely won't happen but who knows who'd have thought sav would have been playing for us still this season never mind signing an extension not me thats for sure but things and people change

If he scores one goal at the City Ground I won't change my opinion, he's here until January if he does come, you say we can't judge him before he's kicked a ball then you should wait until January when he goes back before reviewing his time at Derby. By that time I think I'l have the last whahahahaha, not that I find us signing crap players amusing.

Originally posted by derbydan;30306

but its all what ifs...... what if we go to florist at the weekend and savage and dickov score 2 goals each will everyone be saying all this then and what if he turns out to be really good and ends up being top goalscorer will everyone be slagging of cloughie and co then ?? no and i know that these more than likely won't happen but who knows who'd have thought sav would have been playing for us still this season never mind signing an extension not me thats for sure but things and people change

Ok forget all the 'what if's' even tho that is Cloughies job to make sure we have a decent squad to cover the what if's.

Why loan out Varney to replace him with Dickov? if anyone can answer that for me please.

Well thats that then.Take your happy pills and start clapping everybody.We are lucky to be alive so who cares whats happening on or off the pitch?Reading have signed Rasiak and McAnuff,Swansea have signed Craig Beattie,Ipswich got Grant Leadbitter (cracking player) and Carlos Edwards. Weve got Dickov and dont really look likely to be getting anyone in permanently.

Tomorrows performance is important because after playing really well against Peterboro we have struggled.I cant take the stiuation lightly and I remind you that the Hulse to Boro story is refusing to go away.If (and it is a big if) he is sold we are well and truly in the brown stuff,and money,whether it bothers you or not will be a major issue!

in the past we have splashed the cash on the so called 'big stars' or 'proven players' and they have been flops i'm just saying its good to see us airing on the cautious side rather than rushing in for the first player we see if dickov plays well and does a job for us happy days if not no biggie he never cost us owt unlike earnie davis ect... just a few months wages which i imagine aint that high

Originally posted by derbydan;30324

good to see us airing on the cautious side rather than rushing in for the first player

Don't tell me we took our time and scouted England for potential loan signings and the best we came up with is Paul Dickov? I'm sure I also read on that Leicester forum that Dickov was one of there highest earners as well.

Its 'kin official, what a joke :mad:

----------------------------------------------------------

Derby County today bolstered their frontline with the addition of Leicester City striker Paul Dickov until January.

The 36-year-old frontman has joined the Rams on loan from their Coca-Cola Championship rivals until January and brings a vast amount of experience from the Premier League and Championship with him.

Dickov has completed all the necessary paperwork and is in line to make his Rams debut against Nottingham Forest at the weekend.

Rams manager Nigel Clough said: "Paul is a hugely experienced player and will fit in perfectly with the team spirit we have in the dressing room at the moment.

"He knows this division inside out and gives us something different to what we already have at the football club."

Dickov has made just over 450 career appearances and has notched 117 goals for eight different clubs.

Glasgow-born Dickov has also represented his country at International level, scoring on a single occasion during 10 appearances for Scotland.

He began his career with Arsenal and has also turned out for Luton Town, Brighton & Hove Albion, Manchester City (twice), Leicester City (twice), Blackburn Rovers, Crystal Palace and Blackpool.

[url=http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10270%7E1777456,00.html]http://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,1...1777456,00.html

C@nts, utter c@nts.

I don't care what anyone says, it makes no sense to replace a mediocre Luke Varney with a **** Paul Dickov.

a) He's probably not as fit

He's more than likely to be on higher wages

c) He's a Leicester reject and from what I can gather from the Leicester fans, he's about as useful playing football as I am playing the cello and I'm not even fully sure what one is

d) We're meant to be building a dynasty and he will be 37 in November

e) He's nearly dead

Apologies although I seem to be having a sense of humour failure, I've tried to laugh this off Dan but i just can't its a joke. We could of took Ellington for free, we sold Villa, loaned out Varney and despite Clough saying he wants a striker that has bags of pace to add to the squad last month what have we got? Paul Dickov. I wasn't Villa's greatest fan nor Varney, I thought Ellington would of been a decent squad member, they are all 100% better than the pile of **** we have just signed.

I disagree about Ellington David.I thought he was the laziest forward weve ever had.He was rubbish. I would have kept villa,I never thought he got a fair run in the team.Its obvious we need someone as Steve Davies appears to be made of glass.I will give Dickov a chance but we coould have done better,the thing is have we the staff or the finances to get better?

Archived