GSE in!

Day

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit where credit is due - they have most definitely pushed the pedal to the metal. Now let's all hang on and enjoy the ride.

Is that a kite metaphor, bull riding metaphor, what is that

I'm sorry, but without a question mark I'm not sure whether I should give you a reply or not.

I think it's a metaphor for the rodeo position.

The one where you do all the foreplay stuff and then lovingly enter your Mrs from behind. You then call out the name of her best mate and see how long you can hold on for. :wub:

I admit to having criticised their commitment before , but must say they have changed my opinion this season, and last season too really.

One thing I do like about them is they appear to keep anything they say in house and not in the media , they leave that to McClaren and Rush , as it should be .

It was a bullshit metaphor.

No change there.

If someone asked, who wrote : Now let's hang on and enjoy the ride ... I would have never thought that would you be you. A bit too much starry eyed optimism there. Out of character, thus the metaphor inquisition.

Confirmed what I always felt about them. While many were questioning their commitment and posting 'board out', it seemed quite clear that they weren't the problem. I am glad that folks have seen their commitment. 

They came into the club at a very dark time. It would have been very easy to get used to losing and get sucked in by the post PL spiral. Look at Blackburn, Forest...

If someone asked, who wrote : Now let's hang on and enjoy the ride ... I would have never thought that would you be you. A bit too much starry eyed optimism there. Out of character, thus the metaphor inquisition.

I have been consistent throughout that as soon as anybody joins Derby County, whether player or manager, loan or permanent, they get my 100% support until the day they leave. It's not a case of being 'starry-eyed' - it's a case of not being a bloody half fan like you.

I have been consistent throughout that as soon as anybody joins Derby County, whether player or manager, loan or permanent, they get my 100% support until the day they leave. It's not a case of being 'starry-eyed' - it's a case of not being a bloody half fan like you.

Bravo! I am glad you reminded me that you're the greatest and purest of all Derby fans. That being the case, it's very sexy, and I am a half fan of you too. 

Bravo! I am glad you reminded me that you're the greatest and purest of all Derby fans. That being the case, it's very sexy, and I am a half fan of you too

Nowhere near that level, sunshine.

We're level top on points. The Window has closed and we've properly gone sausage or bust on this one.

If it's going to go wrong now, it's because we've bought too many flashy new players and it disrupts the squad camaraderie...bit different to what we're used to!

Remember that the season we went up under the Dwarf? His January window was disastrous and we paid for that big time

Certainly changed everyone's perceptions of them.

They either didn't trust Clough with the money, or he didn't spend it.

Or if you want a sensible explanation that fits the facts, and doesn't require conspiracy theories and slagging off ex-managers: Clough was bought in to get the finances under control (in terms of the expenditure on players/wages anyway).  And now that we are on budget, with a play-off final and some high profile cup ties added in to the mix, the purse strings are relaxed a bit.  Yes we've done well this window, but it's not like we're splashing

Archived