Early dismissals

Dordogne_Ram

Seeing the 28th second dismissal at Bournemouth last night, any one know the earliest? 

I seem to recall a MOTD game at Birmingham in the early 70s when a Newcastle player (? Smith) was sent off straight from the kick-off for a horrendous tackle on the Birmingham winger.

IIRC, had his contract terminated virtually on the spot.....

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember seeing ( I think ? ) Tim Flowers being sent off for Sheff Wed at Wolves after 13 seconds ??

And also Santos and Suffo sent off for Sheff Utd a minute after coming on as subs in the 'battle of Bramall Lane against West Brom

http://youtu.be/9ZDsjY3uFdE

Kevin Pressman was sent off... 13 seconds in

I got sent off 8 seconds after cumming on the ref. 

Said the freaking linos name. 

Could have been worse.

The ref could have been your missus and the lino her sister.

I remember a sub once head butting someone as he ran on the pitch, so effectively got sent on before coming on as the ref had not restarted the match, think it was a League One or League Two match but don't remember who it was.

'Sheffield United's Keith Gillespie was technically sent off after zero seconds during a Premier League game against Reading in January 2007, but that was after he had come on as a substitute. After replacing Derek Geary early in the second half, Gillespie elbowed Stephen Hunt in the face and duly saw red before the game had even been restarted. Walter Boyd achieved a similar feat whilst at Swansea, earning himself a dismissal before play had resumed when he was brought on as a substitute by Swansea during a game against Darlington back in 2000,

Walter Boyd was the one I was on about, don't remember the Keith Gillespie incident but fair play to him for elbowing that tw4t

Archived