Can Nigel get to Wembley?

Brammie Steve

When? Example please!

You can only judge at the end of a complete season and we never over-achieved.

No, because I really cannot be bothered to go over this debate again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

You didn't answer the question I posed you so I won't bother answering yours.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know for a fact he enjoyed our last league defeat.

How do you know that?

he..... wasn't as dedicated as people pretend he was, wasn't as loyal (to Derby) as people pretend he was.

Didn't he keep working when his mother had just died?

When? Example please!

You can only judge at the end of a complete season and we never over-achieved

I disagree.

At best, he can pick a player, at worst, his scouts can pick a player, but he did also leave us with a load of dross, thankfully he's taking it all to Sheffield with him.

He couldn't do anything with decent players, and he couldn't make a decent player look better (a la Billy Davies).

He under-achieved for at least 3 seasons. Rarely got the best out of the team, and in my opinion would struggle to get Barcelona promoted from this division, such is his lack of managerial ability.

There was a time when Brian Clough's proteges looked like they'd take over the world of football, but it's now evident that the game has moved on beyond them all, with the likes of O'Neill, Megson, Pearce, Keane, Laws, Clough, Wigley etc etc all being exposed as dinosaurs of the game already.

Out of that list i would say Clough will have by far the best managerial career. He's still relatively young, has left his first two clubs in far better positions, both financially and squad wise, than when he took over.

If he continues to do this he will be a sought after manager for those not in a position to instantly buy success.

If he learns to realise when to trust the players he's assembled and let them go for it, he may well do it at the top level one day.

Billy Davies? People in the game are falling over themselves to snap him up, aren't they?!

I hope Utd get beat tonight and stay in Division 1 this season purely for the way they behaved in the recent Ched Evans training shambles

And how did they behave, precisely? 

I hope Utd get beat tonight and stay in Division 1 this season purely for the way they behaved in the recent Ched Evans training shambles

Yes they should have offered him the contract the little sh1ts

Yes they should have offered him the contract the little sh1ts

Actually I want sheffield Utd to win league cup but not get promoted. Don't want any nige v Mac debates

Was that a rhetorical question surely you saw the shambles played out in the national media

They initially complied with a request by the Professional Footballers Association to allow him to train. Once that decision had been made, the fury bandwagon went into overdrive and (eventually) Sheffield United withdrew their consent.

That is all.

They initially complied with a request by the Professional Footballers Association to allow him to train. Once that decision had been made, the fury bandwagon went into overdrive and (eventually) Sheffield United withdrew their consent.

That is all.

Agree with your summary. The bits that need expanding on are the way they went about withdrawing their consent.

Agree with your summary. The bits that need expanding on are the way they went about withdrawing their consent.

So expand on them if you wish. As you can probably tell from my contempt for those who hang on to Nixon's every word, I don't tend to take a lot of notice of the national media, and I'm certainly not going to be influenced by them one way or another.

So expand on them if you wish. As you can probably tell from my contempt for those who hang on to Nixon's every word, I don't tend to take a lot of notice of the national media, and I'm certainly not going to be influenced by them one way or another.

I pay as much attention to Nixon and his cohorts as I do to the horoscope page in the same rags

Don't talk about consent ... AnywAy any ex Rams playing for sheffield u tonight. They've got a few now but I guess most are cup tied.

Don't talk about consent ... AnywAy any ex Rams playing for sheffield u tonight. They've got a few now but I guess most are cup tied.

wouldn't have thought so, none near out 1st team when in this cup. More a case of not being registered for 1st leg so not eligible for 2nd.

Archived