Next Season

Jayweb95

IF we go up who would you be content with in your starting 11?

personally i'd say Grant, Christie, Albentosa (if he's what he's made out to be), Hughes, Thorne (IF he returns the same player) and Russell.

Short list because;

Martin - wouldn't hack it, we use him mainly for hold up play.. Couldn't see him holding up Terry, Rojo, Kompany, Yaya Toure, etc...

Bryson - He's too inconsistent and could cost us points too often.

Ward - He's made of glass and inconsistent 

Hendrick - Good bench player, but below par for a prem starting 11.

Keogh - Questionable for me, but games like Forest cant happen.

Fozzy - His passing is below par, wouldn't be able to handle prem wingers.

Possible signings 

Leroy Fer - Would be superb in our team.

Martin Olsson - Would be great for us and our style.

Nathan Redmond - Always rated him highly.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF we go up who would you be content with in your starting 11?

personally i'd say Grant, Christie, Albentosa (if he's what he's made out to be), Hughes, Thorne (IF he returns the same player) and Russell.

Short list because;

Martin - wouldn't hack it, we use him mainly for hold up play.. Couldn't see him holding up Terry, Rojo, Kompany, Yaya Toure, etc...

Bryson - He's too inconsistent and could cost us points too often.

Ward - He's made of glass and inconsistent 

Hendrick - Good bench player, but below par for a prem starting 11.

Keogh - Questionable for me, but games like Forest cant happen.

Fozzy - His passing is below par, wouldn't be able to handle prem wingers.

Possible signings 

Leroy Fer - Would be superb in our team.

Martin Olsson - Would be great for us and our style.

Nathan Redmond - Always rated him highly.

Behave yourself.

This is too much

Same would have been said a year and a half ago if some one would have said lets loan a real madrid prospect, Liverpools up and coming winger, buy a 6 foot 4 la liga team of the month center half, loan Darren Bent, and buy Leeds captain mid season because he wants to help our team out with experience.

But we're not up yet so it's a pointless debate for us to have.

And almost embarrassing thread as dcfcrammyboy Premier League squad thread though. Just wait in May then start talking. I know I will look ahead from that month onwards anyway!

Martin, Hughes, Thorne, Grant and Albentosa. Rest of the team needs rebuilding if we go up.

Good job that you're not a manager or head coach. Why is it everyone talking about it? This needs to be locked until we get promoted and talk from May onwards not now.  

And almost embarrassing thread as dcfcrammyboy Premier League squad thread though. Just wait in May then start talking. I know I will look ahead from that month onwards anyway!

Hows this any different than the other 100 threads moaning about how inconsistent our players are? Anybody with a little common knowledge knows looking at our games against wigan, millwall, brentford, leeds, and boro know that our team needs rebuilding in areas, you lot moan about "we arent up yet" but whenever we win a few games on a trot against lower half teams everyone's on about how we're gonna win the league.

You think Martin couldn't cut it but Christie could?

Grant, hopefully Albentosa, Forsyth (just about, in a good defence), Thorne, Hughes, Russell and Martin would all be starters for me.

Christie, Buxton, Warnock, Hendrick, Dawkins, Ward and Bent are strong Premier League bench players.

Keogh, Shotton, Bryson, Coutts offer valuable depth and versatility (although I could see us selling Bryso and Keogh as we'd get a price well higher than their real value).

Which leaves us, in my mind, needing

Right-back

Left-sided centre-back

Backup defensive mid

Left winger

Substantial spending on quality players in those positions will mean that there isn't too much change in the lineup, and we'll have enough cash left to make some more signings in January if we need to to push us over the line.

Still, all hypothetical - we've not been promoted and we've not finished our dealings in this window.

Not saying that we could , or should , do this , but if I remember rightly Swansea remained loyal to the 'core' of the team that got them promoted , and recruited gradually rather than immediately .. and look where they are now , despite Saturday's bad loss to Chelsea , an established top half Premier side ..

Not saying that we could , or should , do this , but if I remember rightly Swansea remained loyal to the 'core' of the team that got them promoted , and recruited gradually rather than immediately .. and look where they are now , despite Saturday's bad loss to Chelsea , an established top half Premier side ..

burnly are doing something along those lines and sit 17th..

Archived