Next Season

Jayweb95

I don't believe in individuals deemed good enough or not good enough.

It's the team that will get Derby promoted and most of that team should start a Premiership campaign.

Look at the likes of Stoke, Palace, Leicester, WBA etc... They have many players that you wouldn't think are Premiership quality. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin, Hughes, Thorne, Grant and Albentosa. Rest of the team needs rebuilding if we go up.

What a ridiculous thread/statement.....and of the five you have listed, one of them you have only seen play 4 or 5 times and another one you have never even seen him kick a football...!!!

Martin - wouldn't hack it, we use him mainly for hold up play.. Couldn't see him holding up Terry, Rojo, Kompany, Yaya Toure, etc...

Just pulling this one out, chances are our team wouldn't hack it against Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City whoever we buy.

IF we go up we should be targeting points against the likes of Hull, West Brom, Sunderland etc. so rather than judge what you think Martin or the rest of the team would do against the top 6, think what they would do against the bottom half teams.

Unfortunately I don't even think we have the team to get to the Prem, let alone stay there. 

But just for the hell of it, Hughes and Russell. I haven't seen the Spanish lad but I would like to think he could. 

Apart from those 2, maybe 3, no one else would cut it. 

Pointless debate about premier league squad, we are still a championship club.

We should be more concerned about the team for next year if we fail to get promotion.

Would think that hughes Keogh martin and maybe Bryson would be off.

Ironic that 2 of those names are amongst those coming in for most stick and being doubted for their ability to getting us up!

I tend to agree with Hughes. Not so much Martin as his effectiveness appears very system dependent.

Ironic that 2 of those names are amongst those coming in for most stick and being doubted for their ability to getting us up!

I tend to agree with Hughes. Not so much Martin as his effectiveness appears very system dependent.

I can assure you that this was just a coincidence ;)

I would still like the players I mentioned to be here next season regardless of  division.

I think hughes is a cert to be gone if not promoted

The others Keogh and martin could see them being courted by a lower/new prem side, Bryson perhaps a move back to Scotland I feel that he may have missed his chance in the prem.

I do agree about Martin being system dependant though, but if he hits 25 again this season there are bound to be teams interested in someone who has scored 50 goals in two seasons.

Archived