Derby County v Notts Forest

Gritstone Ram

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They deserve it, let's get over it and move on, more be the only person under 20 on twitter that doesn't think that fan who got on the pitch is great, awful look on the club, anyway it happens still positive and looking forward already !

All right for you,matey.When I leave my house and turn left,I walk by a red dog's house.If I turn

left,I pass another red dog's house.When I walk to the shop I get served by a red dog.Great :(

Yesterday I had a rant on here directed at Liverpool for taking Ibe back.This morning

I texted my bro-in law saying that he was worth 2 goals for us.

Nobody has mentioned him,I think we missed him,badly.He would have skinned that

useless RB,and could have scored,as well as create.We need to replace him.

Agree - Perhaps the sub to make was Calero not Hendrick for Hughes I think Calero is more creative from the little we've seen of him. 3 key holes Hughes (2H) Ibe and Eustace...

All right for you,matey.When I leave my house and turn left,I walk by a red dog's house.If I turn

left,I pass another red dog's house.When I walk to the shop I get served by a red dog.Great :(

That's what bragging rights are all about though.

if you can't take it, don't give it out. Couple of pals of mine are red dogs - we will smile at each other, have a bit of a joke about the other lot's fortunes or misfortunes but at the end of the day it's just a game of football. Nobody died - although if the moron who run on the pitch at the end to try to lamp a Forest player ever came near me, then he would. As Derby fans, we're supposed to be better than that.

I hope he gets jail time and comes out with a world record diameter starfish.

Can't argue with that. I'd expect Bryson and Hendrick to figure it out themselves but their heads had gone. They were caught up in the occasion.

I guess Eustace, whatever the debate over his ability, would have organised a line of defence.

Gutted to have seen us crumble. Lose our heads. Play a game we aren't comfortable with. And lose quite convincingly to our rubbish rivals after we worked hard to catch back up to top spot.

Yup they had both lost their heads and it was bitterly disappointing to watch. Players of there standing should have been much more savvy. 

Don't get me wrong I do rate Mascarell, however I don't think CDM is a position he can play well when we are under pressure or struggling, especially in this division. It's similar to when we tried Hughes at CDM a few times, we struggled it's not his game. 

It's too important a position in our team to be messing around with, yet the strange thing is you don't have to be a particularly talented player to play it as Eustace proves. It's about reading the game, having presence and defensive and positional nouse. silky smooth passing and flair are useful but secondary in that role. That's why Thorne is so ******* good, he's like a hybrid of Eustace and Mascarell. 

I'm not sure what the solution is now. Eustace and Thorne as still over a month away realistically, Shotton or Coutts would be a big risk and square pegs in round holes. That leaves sticking with Masc or a short term loan, none of those is ideal.

What change would you have made though? We had no senior wingers and no senior central midfielders on the bench.  There was no obvious change to make.

I was under the impression that Coutts was on the bench but I've just checked. Shotton for Bryson, push Mascarell forward. It might not have worked but it would have been something.

Football worthy of the second flight of English football? 

Not on your nelly! 

The difference in midfield in the second half was simply astonishing.  Hughes coming off took us from a competent, battling side, confident in possession, to THAT!  45 minutes of sheer disgrace.

International? Keogh is full of panic and what he thought he was doing telling the East Stand lower to f off after himself misplacing a past to CC on the wing and receiving some justified stick?  He cost us at Wembley and he will do so again, IF we can string three matches together without crumbling like today, and at Leeds, and at Borough... 

Saving my best for last, the Wally with the Brolly in the stand again while Psycho was up and down urging them on...

Today was the day when they all won and Derby lost to Florist. Results going against us, on Wednesday we could be six adrift of Bournemouth and five adrift of Ipswich, more likely than not. Also Boro could be past us by then. Time to keep our nerve and play catch up. A really good job that we won last week. Time to buy a Eustace type player.

Can someone explain to me the thought process of Bryson and Hendrick?

If I threw a stick in the dressing room now would Bryson chase it?

If they built a statue of Hendrick would it be less static than the real thing?

When Bryson goes for a **** later, will Hendrick follow him?

How many times do Forest have to win a header in their own third that beats the pair of them and leaves 4v5 before they start to think

"Hang on, I might stop running around like a ******* idiot and set my stall out"

Bryson went running off so much that Mascarell had to be in 2 places at once. You're chasing shadows. It's not passion or working hard. It's stupid.

How many times does it take?

Huge massive ******* gaps all around Mascarell. Huge. 2v1 what it the guy supposed to do?

Just like the Nigel Clough days.

Neither are a patch on Will Hughes. Not a patch.

When we have control they both look decent. They have NEVER and will NEVER be able to grab hold of a game when we've lost control.

Either is fine with Hughes. As a pair they're a luxury.

The formation for the 2nd half was

41---------------23

Quick!! A stick!!

This is essentially the point I logged in to make. The pair of them didn't win a second ball for the whole of the 2nd half, and every time Forest won a header they were so far up field that it took both of them out.  Yet somehow Mascarell is to blame?

valleyram's BFF was rubbish, again. But no doubt he'll come on saying it was the fault of the whole team for not passing to him and maintain he's as good as Johann Cruyff or something.

The second half was arguably the worst 45 minutes of football i've seen from any team on their home patch this season.  Hopefully they'll be seriously determined to put it right against Blackburn.  Looking at the other results...what an awful day all round.

Archived