Will Matchday chat be up?

South Ram

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Who are we playing?

you know what I meant. I think it could've been idea to open the chat function open so people could've kept up as it's all happening.

Although, it's just popped in my head that you might have mentioned a cost to open it. 

I pay every few months for it and can open 24/7, it wouldn't be a good way to keep updated as it only keeps the last 100 comments, guests wouldn't be able to see anything either

in another forum, less populated, but still a decent place to have a debate, they have their chat open as soon as someone enters that page. Sometimes on a Friday night when everyone is talking sausage, that was the place to be.

I often think on a night time, when there's nothing topic specific to talk about, that the chat room would be a good place to chat sausage.

But then there's nothing on the forum. Say I go out for a couple of pints, everyone has been having banter in the chat room the Pointy Room would be dead, nothing to read or join in with

yeah yeah.. mister-lubber-lubber... 

As if you want some forum banter when you're necking your sweetheart in the shadowy corner of the local!

Matchday chat would have been a bad idea. Would have been full of duplicate posts and beating off 12 clubs. The news filtering through would be cut off by the sheer number of people posting. Would be good if you're the type to sit and be glued to a transfer thread but for people just trying to quickly catch the news as it's happening it would be useless.

And DEFINITELY a bad idea to have the matchday chat open for just any old general chat. There'd be no threads to read.

Archived