Radio Derby online

jagerbob

Why is it that on Saturdays you can hear the Sportscene buildup.

Right up until kickoff. Then comes the message that for contractual

Reasons you cannot hear it online. Which I understand.

So why every Tuesday is it completely unavailable and you have to listen

To some generic bbc in the midlands show which is crap phone ins and even worse music????

I find this really really annoying !!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should be able to pay the FA or Football League directly for the right to watch every live game of your team.  It will happen at some point, I'd just like to experience it, so we don't have to go through this weekly Mickey Mouse process of seeing our beloved team play if we happen not to be in Derby at the time.

You should be able to pay the FA or Football League directly for the right to watch every live game of your team. It will happen at some point, I'd just like to experience it, so we don't have to go through this weekly Mickey Mouse process of seeing our beloved team play if we happen not to be in Derby at the time.

Wouldn't happen. Only way it happens in the US when a certain % of tickets are sold for the game. Large proportion of football games, this doesn't apply to.

Wouldn't happen. Only way it happens in the US when a certain % of tickets are sold for the game. Large proportion of football games, this doesn't apply to.

You're talking about the blackout exception in the NFL, but if you subscribe to the MLB package, for example, you can watch your team's every game wherever you are. If you are in the area where your team plays, the local coverage is always on, regardless of tickets sold.  

People will go to the game regardless, so its an arcane way of thinking that we are going to ban everyone from watching the game (even if they are hundreds or thousands of miles away), unless a certain number go to the actual match. 

You're talking about the blackout exception in the NFL, but if you subscribe to the MLB package, for example, you can watch your team's every game wherever you are. If you are in the area where your team plays, the local coverage is always on, regardless of tickets sold.

People will go to the game regardless, so its an arcane way of thinking that we are going to ban everyone from watching the game (even if they are hundreds or thousands of miles away), unless a certain number go to the actual match.

Not sure if MLB is different because there's about 759 games a season, but the NFL game pass still blacks out if not enough tickets are sold.

Out of interest, why is it banned online for fontrsctual reasons? I can understand that on the radio it's only broadcast in a certain area, so maybe it's knly allowed to be listened to in that area (but that's daft too), but even if that is the case, with things like bbc video clips, they're able to allow it to play or not depending on where you are in the world.

Pisses me off. More and more people are doing everything online, including watching tv and listening to the radio. What difference does it make really. When I listen to the radio on my phone, I used to have an old fashioned radio, where you needed to have the headphones plugged in as an aerial, I imagine you could listen to it on this, as it was just a normal radio. Now I have the bbc radio player app, and I'm not allowed to listen to the commentary, because I'm apparently listening online. I'm just trying to listen in my phone, I don't give a sausage how the technology is actually working in the background. Either give me the old radio back, or allow me to listen online.

Yeah its a dumb rule!

Its been like this for years. Something to do with football league rules I believe.

As for many years Radio derby can do commentary if you are in the local area.

But only online Commentary is available for FA Cup, but not league games!

Furthermore even National radio like 5 live is only available online while your in the UK

as soon as you try this from mainland Europe, it becomes blocked again :(

A Ramsplayer subscription will allow you to listen on line.

Except on an iPad you get none of the build up and the match commentary doesn't start til about 10 mins after kickoff. When I renewed my subscription I complained about this, to be told it was nothing to do with them! I meant to follow it up as they're the people who take my money so it should have something to do with them!

Except on an iPad you get none of the build up and the match commentary doesn't start til about 10 mins after kickoff. When I renewed my subscription I complained about this, to be told it was nothing to do with them! I meant to follow it up as they're the people who take my money so it should have something to do with them!

I agree mate.I am subscribed to Rams Player also...but irks me sometimes on how it works.

Also I am convinced Ramage is going senile.

Archived