What are your favourite generic Rams overreaction's?!

Leicester Ram

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happens if we do finish on the play offs and don't get promoted again for the second year running. Precedent shows it would have hard to keep the team together. I truely believe Bryson and others stayed because they were told THIS is our season. We can keep trying year after year. It would be unsustainable too. I fear if we don't up this season they players will go, players that will be hard to replace.

HAS to be our season.

Now that is the classic over reaction.

The simple point is that plenty of teams have missed out, lost their "unreplaceable" players and then gone up the following season. Many have even lost the "unreplaceables" in the Premier League, then stormed the damn league (looking at you Soton). Our best players are tied down to long term deals, if they go, they are going for megabucks. If the club could put together this squad, they could put together another. I trust Mac, I trust the team.

I hope that we do go up this season, but it's never do or die until people get desperate, and that's not the way the management has done things.

Seriously though, Soton at 2.2 points per game more than a quarter of the way through. Relegation at this point would take them going at less than 0.6 a game, and at this point could actually make a damn Champions League position or better. I'd put them about 6th/7th come Christmas, but they are a shining example of how it's done.

thorne is right. I honestly can see our best players and steve mac leaving if we don't get promoted. Contracts in football mean nothing these days. Look and suarez and bale. Both signed long term contracts but in the following summer they went

Again, why should it matter? I seriously doubt Mac would leave, and even if he did, the board know what they're doing if he had to be replaced.

The simple point is that modern football is filled with stories of good management at a board level triumphing over the short term changes in a squad. I think we have a fantastic group here, but those overlooking the construction of this squad are still here, and them leaving would fund the future of the squad.

It's just another season, and we're doing the right things exactly as we should be. We're literally a point from top, 16 games in. If you offered me this on opening day I'd have snapped your hands off and run off like a giddy child. If this isn't to be our season, there's no reason next season can't be, no reason the one after can't be. At this point it's just about doing the right things and going about our game though, and should be make it back top, we need to learn how to live with the spotlight on us, something I think the side have yet to really do.

We're exactly where we want to be now though.

GSE Out!

Funnily enough, I had to retrive some documents off a long disused laptop recently- during which I found a 'poster' intended for use in an ill-thought out protest against GSE. I remember downloading it from someone on the old DET forum about 5/6 years ago, will stick it up here at some point.

Again, why should it matter? I seriously doubt Mac would leave, and even if he did, the board know what they're doing if he had to be replaced.The simple point is that modern football is filled with stories of good management at a board level triumphing over the short term changes in a squad. I think we have a fantastic group here, but those overlooking the construction of this squad are still here, and them leaving would fund the future of the squad.It's just another season, and we're doing the right things exactly as we should be. We're literally a point from top, 16 games in. If you offered me this on opening day I'd have snapped your hands off and run off like a giddy child. If this isn't to be our season, there's no reason next season can't be, no reason the one after can't be. At this point it's just about doing the right things and going about our game though, and should be make it back top, we need to learn how to live with the spotlight on us, something I think the side have yet to really do.We're exactly where we want to be now though.

Will Hughes would be irreplaceable. Even if he left for

Archived