We miss Wisdom Bamford Thorne big time

turbo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think we massively miss Bamford really, he was well out of the picture towards the end anyways apart from the odd fleeting sub appearance. Maybe Wisdom's defensive attributes but we should have gained attacking wise, though Forsyth's lack of quality forward play on the other flank has negated that somewhat.

I think he is a level above Ibe and suited the way we play

We miss Bamford. Dear god Leon Best is worse than Connor Sammon, at least Sammon scored once (I think). NEED a Bamford type player. Confused why we did go for him. He ended up at Middlesborough and isn't getting played much there, he could take a Bests role and it would be a massive improvement. Don't understand we he was forced to play as a winger last season for us. Ironically he's exactly the type of player we need, someone who can come on with 20 mins to go and score to win games. Best is supposed to be doing that but he's tripe.

We miss Bamford. Dear god Leon Best is worse than Connor Sammon, at least Sammon scored once (I think). NEED a Bamford type player. Confused why we did go for him. He ended up at Middlesborough and isn't getting played much there, he could take a Bests role and it would be a massive improvement. Don't understand we he was forced to play as a winger last season for us. Ironically he's exactly the type of player we need, someone who can come on with 20 mins to go and score to win games. Best is supposed to be doing that but he's tripe.

Bamford has started the last 4 odd games for boro

That doesn't mean it was Christies fault.

We are Christie fans in our house , and my daughter has his name on her shirt. Whilst he was not solely at fault today he struggled for the whole game, probably his poorest performance in a Derby shirt. With young players it happens sometimes and today was one of those days...

We only miss Thorne IMO. Bamford did not want to stay here so end of. I like Christie and think we have almost gone like for like there.

The only thing we are doing wrong at the moment is the pace of play. We are too slow at the moment which makes us predictable and easy to play against. Brentford in the second half attacked with pace, our build ups were too slow.

I have also noticed Steve is a little more conservative in his approach. Last season he would have taken more risks to win that game yesterday. The Coutts sub was not going to change the game. There is huge expectation on Steve this season and it's interesting to see how he has changed his approach to the task.

As little Angry says, if we are there or thereabouts when Thorne comes back, we will go up automatically.

It's a long season and there is no way we are going to steam roller every team. We are a bit like everyone's cup final at the moment and we need to cope with that. I actually think once we start coming up against the better teams we will see a better Derby County.

No need to burn the village yet.

PS BOTH Brentford goals were scored from the right side of of our defence ...

What an awful way of looking at it.

Where does the build up to these goals go through? All through our right back? Does it Eck.

Just seen the winner, do you not think we should block the cross? (From the left, Forsyth maybe?) or maybe a midfielder be infront of the defence to stop it trickling across the whole of our back four?

Collective mistakes, not just our right hand side.

Bit concerned but have to admit that the likes of Bucko and Bryson are massively down on last season.

No coincedence also that we have lost both games Buckland has been in goal. Think this proves what an asset Granty is and the sooner he's back the better.

Also we need a better option up front than Best.

For Tues we need to tweak thigs a little. My take:

Roos

Christie

Forsyth

Keogh

Shotton

Eustace

Hendrick

Hughes

Russell

Bryson

Russell

Martin

Go 4-1-3-2

Bit concerned but have to admit that the likes of Bucko and Bryson are massively down on last season.

No coincedence also that we have lost both games Buckland has been in goal. Think this proves what an asset Granty is and the sooner he's back the better.

Also we need a better option up front than Best.

For Tues we need to tweak thigs a little. My take:

Roos

Christie

Forsyth

Keogh

Shotton

Eustace

Hendrick

Hughes

Russell

Bryson

Russell

Martin

Go 4-1-3-2

If we can get away with playing 2 Johnny Russell's then hell yeah, why not!

What an awful way of looking at it.

Where does the build up to these goals go through? All through our right back? Does it Eck.

Just seen the winner, do you not think we should block the cross? (From the left, Forsyth maybe?) or maybe a midfielder be infront of the defence to stop it trickling across the whole of our back four?

Collective mistakes, not just our right hand side.

If you read what I said in the exchanges, " whilst he was not solely at fault" , he did however have a big influence on conceding due to his positioning. I agree that we could have done better in other positions in the build up to both goals. However, he was badly missing positionally and at any level that usually ends up in what we saw yesterday. He will I am sure be will be analysing this with McC and Simmo and I expect him to learn from it and get better.

• 5 months later...

I seen it back in November this seasons replacements havnt been up to the same standard hence play offs the target.

Defence seems to be letting us down however "good defending is not just down to defenders"

Archived