How many hours do you work?

mcsilks

So I've just finished my work for the day at 22:15 having started work this morning at 08:00.

Taking out time for lunch/dinner and travel time, that's about an eleven hour day (albeit I work two jobs) and works out around a 65 hour week if you include the work I do on my business over the weekend.

A friend of mine has just got a job working 7 days on, 7 days off working on the rigs in Alberta, Canada. Totally unskilled work with 3 days training earning as much as I do but working 7, nine hour days and then 7 days off. (They're crying out for people out there and the visas are easy to obtain)!

So how many hours do you all do? Is the 9~5 job still in existence?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've just finished my work for the day at 22:15 having started work this morning at 08:00.

Taking out time for lunch/dinner and travel time, that's about an eleven hour day (albeit I work two jobs) and works out around a 65 hour week if you include the work I do on my business over the weekend.

A friend of mine has just got a job working 7 days on, 7 days off working on the rigs in Alberta, Canada. Totally unskilled work with 3 days training earning as much as I do but working 7, nine hour days and then 7 days off. (They're crying out for people out there and the visas are easy to obtain)!

So how many hours do you all do? Is the 9~5 job still in existence?

Standard 37.5 hour week - with a week on 24 hour call out once every 2 months.

Very rare I have to work a minute later too.

Good luck with that; I know that is a very hard field to get into.When you get settled in,in future I will send some clients your way.... :)

I've love to live in American for a few years. I'm 22 right now though and it's going to be so difficult to fit a family life around it.

Tis true I tell ya. As for posting, I do that by voice command. Faaaar too busy to type owt me.

Today I have mowed the garden at the back, approx 50x20 ft of it. Front garden all weeded then gone through a whole tin of gloss on me interior woodwork.

Like lightening me ya know.

Low season  - 08:00 till 16:30+ as they are my contracted hours, about 40 per week.

High season - 07:30 till 19/20:00 and can include being in at weekends. about 60 hours a week.

The worst part is knowing some departments get overtime.

Archived