Rawson and Hanson - future centre halves?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of these two, Hanson has by far the better chance to break into the squad and be in the starting xi as it currently stands between the two.  He has been an unused sub a few times, and from reports that I have read Mac and Co. really seem to rate him and feel he definitely has a bright future for the Rams.

Out of these two, Hanson has by far the better chance to break into the squad and be in the starting xi as it currently stands between the two.  He has been an unused sub a few times, and from reports that I have read Mac and Co. really seem to rate him and feel he definitely has a bright future for the Rams.

We would actually score from set pieces with him in our side. 

I have always felt Hanson would be better as a DM. But why should his height matter as a CB? Most teams we play go for one up top. While we do have enough tall players in our squad to defend set pieces. Buxton is not tall. He is great in the air. You don't have to be. It is just as much about timing,positioning and ability to read the game as it is the ability to head the ball. It's like the truly great defenders/defenses never have to make a proper tackle. 

Just look at Sammon as an example. Useless in the air because of his timing. Then look at Ward and his approach to headers. 

Nope I didnt.Just googled terms and he came up.Apologies.

Bless you; you really have no idea. Bit concerned you might want to google "throw a kid in front of a train" but hey ho it takes all sorts. Try googling Randy Koon and see what comes up.

Saw them in the FA Youth cup. I'm pretty sure Callum Guy played as well. Guy and Rawson won everything in the air, we only conceded due to our goalkeeper having a howler. Hanson looked good, superb free kick. Height wise I don't think it matters, Fabio Cannavoro was about 5"9 and I don't think many strikers would fancy going up against him. Hopefully they can make it though young British talent should be given a chance, which is nowadays somewhat a rarity.

Archived