Johnny Russell

BennettDCFC

I don't have that problem.

If you want to send me card that would be nice Eddie. The six people on my list are 1, my mum and dad, 2, my sister, 3, my son, 4, my daughter, 5, Mrs I-Ram - she insists, and 6, one to myself to make it seem to the family that I might have a friend.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like his play overall....a different type of winger to the others. Have to remember he is primarily a CF though and is still learning to play wider. I think that with the extra space the PL could offer, he would be a good back up as part of a 442. We could play with 2 wide players as well with Thorne and Hughes/Hendrick in the middle.

Sorry, remind me. Is Russell the white guy or the black guy?

More of a fleshy pink colouring with a mousy, ginger tinged beard, when he wears a short sleeved shirt his many tattoos are evident, also has a liking for garishly coloured boots.

Oh, nearly forgot his best position is a central role alongside [or just behind] the main striker.

;)

Rotation is the key with our wingers. Ward frustrates me. He sometimes does not track back and just stands there and watches the LB or RB deal with the problem of two players. He is terrible at freekicks. He has unnecessary shots from like 30+ yards out. The worst is he steams ahead towards the player with the ball. You know what is going to happen. He is going to turn his back to him and clatter him. Why Ward. Why!

I do like Russell, and it's a nice problem to have not being able to choose between your favourite players in a team for a change, good to have that competition.

For me Russell should start with Ibe.. I think his performances have been underrated so far this season and I prefer him defensively to Ward, as was best shown against Forest where he basically saved Shotton's arse on 4/5 occasions tracking back...

I believe that Russell played out wide for several seasons in Scotland and was OK. He played one season as a central striker and was brilliant. Perhaps then it is no surprise that we haven't seen the best of him...he's an average winger. Unless we change formation he is unlikely to ever realise his potential here.

I believe that Russell played out wide for several seasons in Scotland and was OK. He played one season as a central striker and was brilliant. Perhaps then it is no surprise that we haven't seen the best of him...he's an average winger. Unless we change formation he is unlikely to ever realise his potential here.

This. He was amazing for dundee up front

Archived