Rugby

AmericanRam

I watched a Harlequins match the other day on tv and liked how they played and I plan to keep up with them as best as I can. I myself have played for a local amateur rugby team off and on over the past few years and really like it.  Anyone else follow a Rugby team or just rugby in general?  I think Derby has some kind of Rugby setup?

I also enjoy watching the Six Nations tournament whenever it comes on.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only international rugby for me. There's no local side of any great merit, and I'll be damned if I'm following Leicester Tigers.

International rugby though, great stuff. Especially when we're good! :D

I like Harlequins,but hard to find their matches.Still very lucky to find the one I did.I have watched US Rugby off and on but until we get a little bit better its aggravating.

I never expect us to outperform Australia,England,New Zealand,and other big ones but I would like to see us be a bit more competitive at international level.

It'll be tough for the US to progress to levels where you'd be competitive with the likes of the Southern Hemisphere or the Six Nations sides, but there's always hope I guess. Argentina have made steady progress over the years and are now a really useful side. Likewise, Italy are no longer anyone's mugs. 

Only trouble is, those examples are few and far between.

It'll be tough for the US to progress to levels where you'd be competitive with the likes of the Southern Hemisphere or the Six Nations sides, but there's always hope I guess. Argentina have made steady progress over the years and are now a really useful side. Likewise, Italy are no longer anyone's mugs.

Only trouble is, those examples are few and far between.

That is very true mate.It also hurts that rugby is just like football in the U.S. in that their is not a really good youth system setup;majority of US rugby players didnt even start playing the sport till high school or even until college.Youth football abounds but is still not the level I want to see it at.

That is very true mate.It also hurts that rugby is just like football in the U.S. in that their is not a really good youth system setup;majority of US rugby players didnt even start playing the sport till high school or even until college.Youth football abounds but is still not the level I want to see it at.

To be honest, football aside, that's pretty much the same for all sports on this side of the pond.

The problem you'll have with Rugby is the lack of professional structure. In terms of transition path, there's just nowhere for them to go after high school/college.

To be honest, football aside, that's pretty much the same for all sports on this side of the pond.

The problem you'll have with Rugby is the lack of professional structure. In terms of transition path, there's just nowhere for them to go after high school/college.

True.Several of their players play Internationally and that is it.That does not help growth at all.

My girlfriend agrees mate :( as she hates when I do watch it or play it.They are some tough b*stards who play it though.I myself have broken an arm before while playing.

I would have thought Rugby players suffer from repetitive strain injuries from constantly vvanking at their manliness.  :D

Its a sport for blown up freaks over here AR, Teams win if they're bigger and faster than the other team....is that really sport?

I would have thought Rugby players suffer from repetitive strain injuries from constantly vvanking at their manliness. :D

Its a sport for blown up freaks over here AR, Teams win if they're bigger and faster than the other team....is that really sport?

Lol.I agree a lot of the blokes look like they must lift weights fifteen hours a day.Not me of course,I am naturally strong :)

Archived