The Human Rights Act

i-Ram

A good few of us on here are having a problem as to how we might resolve the Middle East Crisis, and perhaps there isn't one right answer out there. Unless you are a Lawyer though, surely we would all support the plan to diminish the European Union/Courts authority to overrule UK approved legal decisions, wouldn't we?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The problem is that it's misnamed. It's not a human rights act, it's a lawyers' licence to print money act.

By naming it the way they did, they hoped to quash any opposition from liberal quarters by guilting them into not opposing 'human rights'.

More specifically brought in by Blair to make his wife [ Human rights lawyer] rich.

A good few of us on here are having a problem as to how we might resolve the Middle East Crisis, and perhaps there isn't one right answer out there. Unless you are a Lawyer though, surely we would all support the plan to diminish the European Union/Courts authority to overrule UK approved legal decisions, wouldn't we?

Nope. Who's going to keep the government in check. 

I just find it strange how the Sun and Mail hate the ECHR and were loving when Cameron announced this, yet they are currently using the ECHR to take the Police to court for intercepting their journos communications. 

Fecking hypocrites. 

Nope. Who's going to keep the government in check.

I just find it strange how the Sun and Mail hate the ECHR and were loving when Cameron announced this, yet they are currently using the ECHR to take the Police to court for intercepting their journos communications.

Fecking hypocrites.

I was wondering the same....

Trevor Kavanagh, probably the biggest hypocrite I've read.... Come out with two pearlers in the space of a few months in his column.

He said once when there was terrorists raids and the ones arrested should be held for up to a number of days because he thought they were probably dangerous and more than likely guilty...

Then the phone hacking broke and when his colleagues were nicked he was giving it the son story saying there families were worried etc and everyone is innocent until proven guilty....

Hypocrites some journalists are....

But some, particularly the younger set, seem to have rejected the old school hacks and hopefully only get better

Archived