why dont our fans sing throughout the game?

Sexydadbod

To be honest I have never found it too loud or exciting from an atmosphere point of view at the ipro. Perhaps given my age now I am also over nostalgic towards the BBG, but for me in recent years I would much rather see the lads away, because whether it's 500 or 5000 in the away end, it just feels a bit special.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best atmosphere last season for me was Brighton home in the semi-final play-off leg. I thought that was even better than Forest at home.

However, people have to recognise, that sort of atmosphere cannot be replicated in every fixture at home. That was a special night hence all the singing, cheering their goal etc.

Palace used to be *****. A few of them got organised and eventually convinced like minded souls to move to a singing area. The club went along with it and they now have a decent end to call their own.

We are on the same track. Nick Webster and the boys have done a great job. I can remember people saying we could never have the South Stand because of segregation, the police cells were there, etc......now its happened.

OK, its a work in progress but from my point of view (3 rows from the back directly behind the goal) its brilliant. We never stop singing, not all join in all the time but when the whole end does.....its phenomenal. 

And, it will only get better.

I look round and see many blokes in their 40's and 50's singing like they were back on the Popside or Ossie End. You may think its sad but who gives a toss......

You'll never take the Alvo :D

unfortunately there are too many which hav taken up the offer of cheap seats in the south stand, esp towards south west corner upper tier.

i sit back row of lower & its families with young kids & old women behind us, never hear a peep out of them except telling us to sit down! 

Communal singing requires people to be confident about singing publicly.

Perhaps we could build up towards singing ?

Perhaps start with some communal humming.

Archived