Ward is worth his money

Cisse

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ward was the only attacking option we had for a good stretch under Clough.

The tactics often ended up with, intended or not, just passing to him and seeing what he could do. This lead to him scoring some great goals and getting some good assists as all the play was through him.

Think he struggled somewhat not being "that guy" under McClaren. He's taken his time, but seems to be settling in the role of more of a team man. We have others who can shoulder the attacking load when needed.

Allows him to not have to force the issue as much and relax much more.

Like I've said in the past on his day he can be the best winger or the worst winger in this vision. He can be frustrating or sublime.

The thing I like about Wardy is he turns up for the big games. If some is favourites over us he turns into our best player odd trait to have but a good trait none the less!

Me too, I just put it down to 'football fan mentality' and left it at that. 

People will always need someone to moan about, look at Chris Martin now, a goal every two games isn't good enough to keep him in some people's good books. People are just mental, quite frankly. 

I feel sorry for Russell, I get the feeling he's next on the list.

Agreed, some people are mental and everyone will moan. I think Russell is already on the list, but Steve Mac's list. JR is close to becoming 4th pick, and nothing more than an impact sub for the last 10/20 mins. I am not a stats man, but since January this year I don't think he will have greatly contributed in the way of goals, or for a winger too many assists. He is also probably the weaker of our attacking players in terms of keeping the ball / working the triangles. I have said before Dawkins is Mac's man, and he likes the way he works and interchanges with the other players, offering probably the same goal/assist threat as JR. Ward is doing the business, and Ibe will prove his quality very shortly. JR might also have good reason to be fearful of young Calero's development.

Ward's interview from last night is brilliant...

"I don't know why but I was getting a bit of stick over on the far side, particularly from a little bald guy wearing a really old yellow Blackburn top. At 1-1 , he carried on giving me a bit of jip but from 2-1, I didn't hear a word from him. I feel sorry for his missus, if he has one, because he must do her head in!"

Where is Mackworth Ram?

It is an interesting question, although I have a memory he may have posted the other day? I am missing TrueLou too, and even Tombo and AdamRusty, but those two I think have gone back to school. And then there was Dizzy who posted herself as a new member a few weeks back. I think we should be doing more to make sure everyone is safe and sound in our community. Warden Daveo we seem to have an introductions thread, but perhaps we should have a goodbye/be back soon thread too??

Archived