Living and working in Derby

AmericanRam

Hello mates. I am seriously considering applying for a job at the University of Derby which I think I have a great chance to get as long as I can figure a work visa out if it gets to that point. My current job is great money, but not all that interesting and my bosses are some real tossers. My girlfriend is willing to move with me also as she is from Europe anyway. Just have a couple quick questions:

The few times I have been in Derby, it has usually been three to four days at a time or just one in 2012(Though I did happen to get 2 home matches in during these short stays in 2010 and 2011  :) and I stayed at the Stuart Hotel which was nice I suppose, but I really thought somewhat pricy.  In terms of housing or flats, I did not do much research because I knew how short of a stay it would be. What areas would be a good and cheap place to rent a flat or house?

What are the main cable and internet providers?  In general, the nightlife from what I recall back in 2011 was pretty mellow for the most part. Has it improved at all?  Overall, for those who live in Derby how do you like it? I personally really liked Derby for the short amount of time I was their back in 2010, 2011 and for only a day in 2012.

Appreciate it and thanks mates. Perhaps I will be living in Derby before too much longer, or if not I will at least see ya'll come December at the Leeds match and have a pint. Cannot miss me I think; I am 6'5 with red hair and I have a deep Southern accent :D I have not been to a home match since Spring 2011 so I am very excited.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd ring round all the hotels and see if they'd do a deal, you might be surprised.

Thanks mate, if the job pans out I might do just that.

i know Froggg offered them less than they quoted him as he said it was cheaper somewhere else.

I think they discounted the cight tunt.

Archived