Pubs in London (expert please)

DEL

Where is the decent place to drink in the evening upto say around 2.30am-3am ish please? I'm in London on Friday 10th October for couple of hours before heading to Stansted airport for 7am ish flight so need somewhere for nice drinks and possible something to eat (if i'm hungry) No weird pub please many thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go in there a lot, upstairs is smart if you can find the way up

Indeed, could never find the way up, always there for a pre gig drinks at the underworld.

Talking about upstairs have you ever come across the secret cocktail bat in China Town? It has a green door, and situated about half way down the street, the only giveaway that something might be in there are the two smart dressed bouncers (one always a woman) stood outside.

You get in and its like 4 floors of cocktail heaven.

Browns, Shoreditch.

Blimey takes me back. The beer is quite good DEL, and not unreasonably priced. Nice surroundings too. If you are into fish this is your place, but even just looking rather than tasting can prove quite expensive. Not much there for the wife and kids to do.

Cheers. Also another questions is there any transport that does goes to Stansted airport from these pubs area etc many thanks.

That was why I suggested The Castle. You can take the Stansted Express train from Liverpool St (which is less than a 10 minute walk away, or there's a coach direct to Stansted from Bishopsgate (outside Liverpool Street station, opposite the Bishopsgate Institute).

Happy drinking and flying!

Archived