Ever been in a fight?

AmericanRam

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a very few. First proper one was when I took on a lad who bullied me every day (he was two years above me at Secondary School) - basically I just reached a point where I couldn't take it any more and I put him in hospital with a fractured jaw and a broken collar bone (unfortunately I can't remember what actually happened and couldn't at the time).

What I had done to this lad scared me so much I tried to avoid fighting as much as I could but it did give me a quiet confidence that I could handle myself without having to "prove" it and as an adult I have managed to handle dodgy situations with a coldness that seems to spook people so much they back down and bugger off. 

When I was in school there were fights all the time. When ever you go to pub in here there's bound to be a fight. When ever you are waiting for your fish and chips Friday night in the city center there will be a fight. A national hobby I'd say.

Should i even mention that the last two times I've been to Blackpool, pub bouncers have, on both occasions, ended up rearranging my face...the last time, rendering it in need of gluing back together.

Boozy lads weekends ... I am now officially too old for that ****.

It sounds like youve got a face that everyone wants to smack.

Bloody hell, what are some of you lot doing to get started on????

I must be doing something wrong, I've not even come close to being started on before, and I've lived in Nottingham for two years. I've never been in a fight anywhere in fact.

What's the done thing if you fancy heading out for a scrap then, I might try it out.

I had the audacity to have a different accent and I was wearing a nice dress which got ripped when the bullying first started. She was jealous of it, that's all it took. That and being egged on by her mates. 10 on 1, great odds and still she got a mangled face. Tough shyt.

I had the audacity to have a different accent and I was wearing a nice dress which got ripped when the bullying first started. She was jealous of it, that's all it took. That and being egged on by her mates. 10 on 1, great odds and still she got a mangled face. Tough shyt.

That's awesome ladyram.

Shame you have to resort to throwing berries about these days. How the mighty fall.

A mate and I were absolute ***** about 15 years ago and fully deserved the shoeing we got.

We'd been on a lairy all-dayer been drinking vodka red bulls all day/night, we were beyond wasted and totally out of character we decided to pick a fight with anyone we could find. We were near Curzon Street (No before you ask) and we ran into about 6 student looking types. Its still a vague blur but from I can remember they initially backed off and weren't willing to play ball so we followed them, jeering at them. I think they must have got sick of us in the end and the only alternative they had left was to knock us both out - which they did very well. I still remember picking myself up after they'd left looking around for my mate but he was nowhere in sight. I wobbled down the street and found him about a 100m away face down in the gutter. He eventually pulled himself up and we got a taxi home. He still doesn't really recall how he ended up so far away - he doesn't know whether he was kicked all the way down the street or not, just bizarre. Maybe i'd been the one kicked up the street - who knows.

The next morning ? went round his house to see how he was, he slowly opened his door and his face was an absolute mess - black eye, thick lip, scratches all over. Mine too. We looked at each and just started cracking up.

A mate and I were absolute ***** about 15 years ago and fully deserved the shoeing we got.

We'd been on a lairy all-dayer been drinking vodka red bulls all day/night, we were beyond wasted and totally out of character we decided to pick a fight with anyone we could find. We were near Curzon Street (No before you ask) and we ran into about 6 student looking types. Its still a vague blur but from I can remember they initially backed off and weren't willing to play ball so we followed them, jeering at them. I think they must have got sick of us in the end and the only alternative they had left was to knock us both out - which they did very well. I still remember picking myself up after they'd left looking around for my mate but he was nowhere in sight. I wobbled down the street and found him about a 100m away face down in the gutter. He eventually pulled himself up and we got a taxi home. He still doesn't really recall how he ended up so far away - he doesn't know whether he was kicked all the way down the street or not, just bizarre. Maybe i'd been the one kicked up the street - who knows.

The next morning ? went round his house to see how he was, he slowly opened his door and his face was an absolute mess - black eye, thick lip, scratches all over. Mine too. We looked at each and just started cracking up.

Sorry Archie, this thread is about fighting not a normal night out. :blink:

I've had my nose glued back together. I got in a fight with my drill battery, and I think I lost...

I naturally try to stay away from fights as much as I can and I lament people who go out looking for trouble. Besides, fights round my way also tend to end with someone having a bullet in their head.

When I was in school there were fights all the time. When ever you go to pub in here there's bound to be a fight. When ever you are waiting for your fish and chips Friday night in the city center there will be a fight. A national hobby I'd say.

I went to a rough school in SE London and that was the norm. Got bullied mercilessly the first 5-6 months until one day this biggest black dude in our year pushed in ahead of me in the canateen line and I was hungry likes, so I confronted him but a headbutt later I was out cold. This, funny enough, won me respect from toughest kids and we became friends because I stood up to the toughest one and no one dared before. Following week I made the Rugby and football team and the rest is history.

Now I stick to aerial bombardment and chemical gas attacks on my subjects.

I went to a rough school in SE London and that was the norm. Got bullied mercilessly the first 5-6 months until one day this biggest black dude in our year pushed in ahead of me in the canateen line and I was hungry likes, so I confronted him but a headbutt later I was out cold. This, funny enough, won me respect from toughest kids and we became friends because I stood up to the toughest one and no one dared before. Following week I made the Rugby and football team and the rest is history.

Now I stick to aerial bombardment and chemical gas attacks on my subjects.

ChemicalBahrainRamSal.

Stay out of nukes!

Archived