Germany vs. Scotland

AmericanRam

I am very much looking forward to watching this one as I think Scotland could really surprise the reigning world champions.  My great-grandfather is Scottish so this match means a little to me :).

My Scotland starting XI:

McGregor

Forsyth

Greer

Reynolds

Whittaker

Morrison

Bannan

McArthur

Maloney

Bryson

Naismith

I think Scotland will play this 4-2-3-1 as Strachan has done of late to try to sneak a point. As much as I would like to say Martin will be top striker, Naismith has more experience in these types of matches and will probably get the nod. I do however think both Forsyth and Bryson will start :) Also, with the knock that Mulgrew has, I am giving Bannan the nod over him.

My prediction: Germany 2- Scotland 1. I would not be surprised however if the Scots sneaked a point.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this. Not sure who Strachan will play, Naismith is bang in form atm but he has been benefiting from a big forward like Lukaku. I really think Martin and Naismith would be an awesome partnership but Scotland like to play one up top. Naismith might be a little isolated on his own.

I'm not sure Bryson will get a look in and I think Andrew Robertson will start ahead of Forsyth.

Very true he is crotchety at times. However I have begun to enjoy eating Haggis with him :)

haha, enjoy him while you can. Try and get as much info about the old days as you can.

If you can of course. I understand old age brings other complications. But, they still deserve respect. To think he made the journey to the new land is a feat in itself.

haha, enjoy him while you can. Try and get as much info about the old days as you can.

If you can of course. I understand old age brings other complications. But, they still deserve respect. To think he made the journey to the new land is a feat in itself.

Very true.He is a huge Aberdeen :) fan which is tons better than being a Celtic or Rangers one.

Looking forward to this. Not sure who Strachan will play, Naismith is bang in form atm but he has been benefiting from a big forward like Lukaku. I really think Martin and Naismith would be an awesome partnership but Scotland like to play one up top. Naismith might be a little isolated on his own.

I'm not sure Bryson will get a look in and I think Andrew Robertson will start ahead of Forsyth.

Robertson is out with a calf injury so I hopefully think Forsyth.

Archived