how much was that ref paid?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ipswich were bad, and so was the ref. Stupid to blame him though as he gave some equally bad decisions our way. If the ref is inclined to give free kicks for pushes in the back, stop pushing in the back (Ward mostly). Our stupidity and sloppiness cost us today, not the ref.

Ipswich were bad, and so was the ref. Stupid to blame him though as he gave some equally bad decisions our way. If the ref is inclined to give free kicks for pushes in the back, stop pushing in the back (Ward mostly). Our stupidity and sloppiness cost us today, not the ref.

I dont deny that. Got to give ipswich credit where it is due but we made them looled good. Hendricks injury looked like it shocked the players

Problem is, if you have one team trying to play football and the other team trying to play thuggish hoofball, a refereeing performance like that massively favours the hoofball team. If you've ever heard the phrase "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with expeience", the ref dragged us into that kind of an argument today.

And as far as I'm concerned, if a ref makes it crystal clear that he's not going to give freekicks, and then one team repeatedly kicks the other team until one of their players ends up in hospital, the ref should have serious questions to answer.

Problem is, if you have one team trying to play football and the other team trying to play thuggish hoofball, a refereeing performance like that massively favours the hoofball team. If you've ever heard the phrase "never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with expeience", the ref dragged us into that kind of an argument today.And as far as I'm concerned, if a ref makes it crystal clear that he's not going to give freekicks, and then one team repeatedly kicks the other team until one of their players ends up in hospital, the ref should have serious questions to answer.

Yeah, I see that. And I think the decisions did favour Ipswich but we put in a few shocking challenges as well that went unpunished.

As for Hendrick, it looked to me as though the Ipswich player pulled his leg away and he stumbled and fell. I'm North stand though so it's very difficult to see

It was so a red card we had a stone cold pentley you could tell ipwhich was time wasteing all gameLong how can that ref sleep at night and there free kick never was.

What was a red card?

Their free kick was stupid by us. Don't give the ref any opportunity to blow his whistle. No complaints

Ref had a shocker today - the penalty shout for handball looked pretty stonewall to me. Linesman on the East Stand side was just as bad - no interest whatsoever in letting the game flow. Twice he dragged play back for an Ipswich free kick in the second half, when their defence had the ball under no pressure whatsoever. Just invited more time wasting.

That said, what else do we expect from a Mick McCarthy side? We weren't good enough to deal with it, no complaints at all.

The foul that led jeff hendrick breaking his arm.

I'll reserve final judgement until I've seen it later, but it didn't even look like a foul to me. Ipswich player sticks out a leg and then pulls it away. Jeff expects the trip and then stumbles when it doesn't come. Even if he did trip him, there's no way it's a red card. We all like positivity about Derby but stop being so biased.

Sitting in the east stand thought the 1st nibble was a pen, Jeff didn't go down though leading to the 2nd challenge.

Like RLACML says I'd want to see it again, just to make sure I'm not watching through Wooly glasses.

Ref wasn't biased, just truly sh1te!

From the North Stand I didn't think it was a foul on Hendrick - he stumbled, then lost his footing completely when the challenge came in.

My issue wasn't with Ipswich playing on either, but with the referee allowing them to take a quick free kick inside our half in the aftermath, with Hendrick still down in a heap and their keeper stood over him.

Surely when the ball goes dead the ref is obliged to go back and check on the injury?

Just a stop start game....

Some refs would have let it go a bit more....

And some refs like today blow up for nearly everything....

However we were poor today.... Got nothing to blame but ourselves. Onwards and upwards

Archived