Marco Motta - Sky Spprts

admira

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1850027-why-juventus-marco-motta-is-the-iron-man-of-all-rejects

Doesn't sound overly promising, some of the comments on this article label him "the definition of useless" and "one of the worst defenders I've ever seen" in addition to the absolute roasting he gets in the main article. Did sound like he was a real prospect before Juventus signed him though but seems to have failed to fulfil his potential.

Having said that though I have never seen him play and therefore will reserve judgement on him until he signs for us and plays a few games, that's if this isn't just his agent trying to stir up some interest as he only has a year left on his contract I believe. If we are looking to loan him then it would fit the theme of building relationships with top European clubs.

They don't like him because he's not a world class Italian defender. We don't need world class Italian standard defending, it's only the Championship.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone remember our last Italian right back..... Daniele Daino??

Of course the one before that was pretty decent....... ;-) #legend

I remember Daino. He was on loan from Milan wasn't he?

He played about 2 games for us before he was shipped back

I remember someone at primary school having the Daniele Daino sticker for those sticker album things, and I had no Derby players at the time, so I swapped him for Nicky Butt.

Can't say that was the best transaction of my school days.

Archived