Capital One 3rd round draw tonight

DEL

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit boring, but quite a few positives. At home, get a decent crowd (more cheap tickets), and we should win.

5 all premier league ties as well. 6 are out already so there will only be 9 (at most) left for the last 16. b4 might be right.

Was my thoughts aswell, a lot of matches being played by teams in similar leagues, there will still be teams like MK Dons/ Bradford progressing so you can find yourself progressing quite far in this competition without having to play anyone that difficult.

Can bet the ticket prices will be cheap once more and hopefully get another decent crowd and like McClaren said, use this match to try and bleed 2 or 3 more youngsters in.

Was my thoughts aswell, a lot of matches being played by teams in similar leagues, there will still be teams like MK Dons/ Bradford progressing so you can find yourself progressing quite far in this competition without having to play anyone that difficult.

Can bet the ticket prices will be cheap once more and hopefully get another decent crowd and like McClaren said, use this match to try and bleed 2 or 3 more youngsters in.

Vampire McC :-)

Good draw with a view to going further, home to a team who aren't as strong as they were last season (not sure how seriously they are taking the comp) - suppose we will field a similar line-up to the last round looking at the fixture list ahead.

God. I wish some of you lot had the balls to want a prem team just for a change.

Words like

lower league

Shrewsbury

Burton

Soddin Bradford

BORIIIN. Why can't we go for the jugular just once and have a Top half Prem team put us to a tough test?

He who dares Rodders..

Not sure I understand all of this talk about how are chances are improved with many Premiership sides out of the competition.

They play such under strength teams (Man City being the exception), I would fancy any Championship side against a reserve Premiership side.

Bradford, Sunderland, Cardiff and Birmingham have all featured in the final in the last 4 seasons. Hardly big clubs.

Not sure I understand all of this talk about how are chances are improved with many Premiership sides out of the competition.

They play such under strength teams (Man City being the exception), I would fancy any Championship side against a reserve Premiership side.

Bradford, Sunderland, Cardiff and Birmingham have all featured in the final in the last 4 seasons. Hardly big clubs.

14 clubs in the prem are too worried about relegation to bother with the League Cup. The other 6 just want to qualify for the Champions League 

Cant understand their mentality really, surely the idea of a football club is to win trophies, not finish just below halfway in the Premiership, no one will remember that in 25 years time I doubt.

Its not as if fielding a full team will definitely mean certain defeat on the Saturday is it?

Archived