Capital One 3rd round draw tonight

DEL

14 clubs in the prem are too worried about relegation to bother with the League Cup. The other 6 just want to qualify for the Champions League 

I agree.

With so many more games, more travel, more competitive pre-season competitions; maybe the time has come to give the clubs competing in Europe the option of not entering the League Cup.

What's more detrimental to the League Cup. The bigger clubs not entering or the bigger clubs playing third string sides.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant understand their mentality really, surely the idea of a football club is to win trophies, not finish just below halfway in the Premiership, no one will remember that in 25 years time I doubt.

Its not as if fielding a full team will definitely mean certain defeat on the Saturday is it?

Hard cash.

Well yeah but not sure its what the fans would want (older generation ones anyway) though perhaps todays fans are getting programmed to it.

People like to see fringe players given a chance. Luckily, we can do that and still win.

As I said, nothing to say you cant win on the Saturday after playing in midweek, suppose no one dares offer the slightest advantage in case it goes pearshaped with the money at stake.

A big cup win would go down in the annuls of history though for a lot of the middling clubs, worth going for.

Don't mind seeing other players but in days gone by everyone played their full teams.

If Derby were in Prem with no chance of any League success I'd be looking to the cups, not wanting to field weakened teams (as a fan). Its a bit different now as we have a chance in the Championship.

Reading is a good draw because it is a test at the right level for the developing players. Barring injuries it gives the likes of Mascarell a chance to settle in, as he sprayed a few passes off course against Charlton. Looks to me that Mascarell needs some speed work to pick up more loose balls more regularly

Excellent draw. Like B4, I want to win this thing and a home tie against someone in our division offers a great chance of progressing. As had been said, a lot of Premier League teams will be gone by the next round and there'll even be some lower-league teams left. Also, when we've got a big squad, as has now happened, we need games like these to keep everyone involved and happy.

Bring it on!

Archived