Ryan Shotton "Derby have sealed the signing" - Pete O'Rourke

MikeyDCFC

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shotton's not an out-and-out CB though. I'd be super annoyed if we replaced our captain (and a good Championship defender) with him.

To me, this is a squad depth signing. It's no coincidence he can play in most positions along the back four, on the wing and (apparently) as a DM. If he can't dislodge Christie from his preferred position, he's absolutely perfect for the bench.

And, whilst I'm on the subject of benches, ours is looking incredibly strong: Roos, Shotton, Whitbread, Mascarell, Hughes, Dawkins & Best!

Shotton's not an out-and-out CB though. I'd be super annoyed if we replaced our captain (and a good Championship defender) with him.

To me, this is a squad depth signing. It's no coincidence he can play in most positions along the back four, on the wing and (apparently) as a DM. If he can't dislodge Christie from his preferred position, he's absolutely perfect for the bench.

And, whilst I'm on the subject of benches, ours is looking incredibly strong: Roos, Shotton, Whitbread, Mascarell, Hughes, Dawkins & Best!

Spot on.  i'm assuming this signing is to cover as many bases as possible, not  to replace our captain.

Archived