Help needed with a study!!

leedsuni

Hello Everyone,

I'm just finishing my postgraduate at Leeds University and I am currently researching for a dissertation about the impact of negative comments or "trolling" of football clubs' social media channels, and in particular their Twitter accounts.  I am trying to collect information from supporters who use these channels to communicate with football clubs

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It frustrates me that the word 'trolling' is now used to describe some truly hateful comments.  Posting death threats on someones Facebook is not 'trolling' them.

Here is a short informative video about trolling as it used to be 

And you don't seem even to know what "trolling" is either.  What he's talking about is "flaming" and what you're talking about is, well, I'm not sure... the spread of boring unfunny memes?

Let's save you the time and effort

Conclusion: Trolling is bad 'nkay?

Well, that's taken 10,000 off my post count if we eliminate trolling.

And you don't seem even to know what "trolling" is either.  What he's talking about is "flaming" and what you're talking about is, well, I'm not sure... the spread of boring unfunny memes?

Relax man, you got rickroll'd. It's not the end of the world.

All I know is a lot of people are reminding Gary Lineker on Twitter that he shat on the pitch once and they have been at it for weeks.

I'd call that trolling on social media myself, since he seems pretty ticked off with it.

1. I interact with the clubs media channels because I like keeping up to date with what's happening. I like to hear about off the pitch happenings too, like fan opinions, eg, the idea for new flags, new facilities etc.

2. Probably me. I got a tweet about the new Igor suite at the ipro, which went into pricings. I thought they were too expensive and I tweeted so. It's only my opinion, it didn't get any rt's or owt.

3. Can only answer for our club - not really seen any negativity from our fans - quite the contrary in fact. I think it's fair to say the garden's looking rosey.

4. Check out our Sheik Shaggers thread and you'll find the answer to that one. Tis friendly banter of course...

Good luck with it Leedsuni.

Archived