First game, pro's and cons

nfb

To justify my previous statement.

I was sat in the east stand and the south stand could only be heard once we scored. I could only hear the Rotherham fans during the game. It is no good doing the bounce once we have scored. Looked over to the south stand on 70 mins and I may as well looked at the west stand. Or a morgue.

It was intended that the south stand was there to generate an atmosphere but from my opinion it didn't today. I can verify this from people around me

It was ok trailing this in big games against forest and Brighton in the playoffs but from today easily more noise came from the Rotherham fans.

I agree I was sat in the south stand near the away fans. I can't remember us singing hardly until we scored they were nice and loud to be fair to them.

Pros:- Christie looked really good enjoyed watching him.

Cons:- There 11 men behind the ball tactic. Not getting people in the box Christies crosses were quick and accurate yet no one in the box???

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah to be fair I dont care about the fan or who he is,

a steward should not be offering to go outside with a home fan under no circumstances, as for standing its meant to be a bouncing south stand now to be honest I didnt notice said steward saying anything to the 20 blokes stood the whole game next to where I was sitting

Not really a standing stand... Me and my dad moved down there as season ticket holders we seen them sitting down last season near the bottom behind the goals so decided to move there.

As mentioned in another thread cba writing it all again he was starting on my dad and the steward told him to sit down and calm down then the guy offered him out. Then the guy started moving towards him when it all kicked off.. When he was starting I was waiting for him to hit us as he was out of his face kept looking at me even thoe I sat quiet.. Was a matter of time as he was aggressive towards my dad and people behind me! 

Don;t get me wrong I love standing but you have to respect those who can't do it any more but enjoy the atmosphere?

Not really a standing stand... Me and my dad moved down there as season ticket holders we seen them sitting down last season near the bottom behind the goals so decided to move there.

As mentioned in another thread cba writing it all again he was starting on my dad and the steward told him to sit down and calm down then the guy offered him out. Then the guy started moving towards him when it all kicked off.. When he was starting I was waiting for him to hit us as he was out of his face kept looking at me even thoe I sat quiet.. Was a matter of time as he was aggressive towards my dad and people behind me! 

Don;t get me wrong I love standing but you have to respect those who can't do it any more but enjoy the atmosphere?

Like i have said three times already in this thread, Im not bothered about that fan I watched it and from where I was sat he was drunk stood up got into an argument from with the steward and then reacted badly when the steward offered to take it outside,

In terms of standing, and I dont mean this to sound harsh, but

GET REAL, all summer the club and near enough everyone on hear has been banging on about how the south stand is going to be a wall of noise and create this brilliant atmosphere,

I moved from some of the best seats at pride park to be sat there so I can enjoy it with my son, I'm not saying I think its acceptable for fans to act like this but if we all want the atmosphere then as a result of that people need to stand....

If you dont like the seats then move, because I think its massively unfair on everyone at the club and the flag bloke who are trying to get an atmosphere going to have fans whinging at them for being stood up

Just really cant win with some of you lot

whinging about standing up yet want a stand full of noise and atmosphere.. 

Like I said I dont care about that pissed up fan I dont know him, but the steward was out of line and its odd how he didnt say a word or ask to sit down all the blokes that where stood next to me all game,

Crunching tackles, yes.... but lightweight in the fact he didn't even last a game of doing that before getting hurt.

You could say that about anyone, every time.

Do you really have to stand upto create a atmosphere? A wall of noise yes, everyone to stand up in the whole stand..? Can't remember seeing that one or we would of just stayed where we was to be fair. I didn't really care they stood up but the people behind me did and my dad stuck up for them.

They moved from the south east corner (Presuming near the bottom for the aptmosphere and don't have to stand up) so she has her rights i guess. Every one other then us was sitting down was strange to say the least!

Pros

- won our first home game - 2 months earlier than last season

- Atmosphere was ok and SS looked and sounded good (from North Stand)

- Chris Martin showed some great skills on three or four occasions  in the second half

- 2 goal line clearances and a great save from Grant at the end - some heart there..

- Rotherham fans - colourful and added to the day

- no bookings

- we played really well in patches

- we dominated possession

- we won without playing well

Cons

- Hughes was injured a while before he came off...

Agree entirely. Going to tweet john vicars as it was too much

Done it but dunno if he'll listen.

Maybe they play the music too loud on purpose? It means more people won't like it and stay down in the concourses - spending more money.

Hey. Call me cynical...

Do you really have to stand upto create a atmosphere? !

I may be wrong but I believe that if you're standing, your lungs can expand more and this helps (using more force) to project your voice.

Like i have said three times already in this thread, Im not bothered about that fan I watched it and from where I was sat he was drunk stood up got into an argument from with the steward and then reacted badly when the steward offered to take it outside,

In terms of standing, and I dont mean this to sound harsh, but

GET REAL, all summer the club and near enough everyone on hear has been banging on about how the south stand is going to be a wall of noise and create this brilliant atmosphere,

I moved from some of the best seats at pride park to be sat there so I can enjoy it with my son, I'm not saying I think its acceptable for fans to act like this but if we all want the atmosphere then as a result of that people need to stand....

If you dont like the seats then move, because I think its massively unfair on everyone at the club and the flag bloke who are trying to get an atmosphere going to have fans whinging at them for being stood up

Just really cant win with some of you lot

whinging about standing up yet want a stand full of noise and atmosphere..

Like I said I dont care about that pissed up fan I dont know him, but the steward was out of line and its odd how he didnt say a word or ask to sit down all the blokes that where stood next to me all game,

Wow just wow.

The south stand is not a standing area. It has seats and some people would rather use them. Last year the lower tier predominantly sat, and again yesterday.

If people who bought seats in the south stand wanted to stand they should have got seats towards the back where the standers congregate.

You cant have a go at the stewards for doing their jobs especially when a fan is being aggressive.

I sit if the person behind me sits, and stand if I sm blocking noones view. On saturday I asked the guy behind if he minded me standing up. Its called manners.

Don;t get me wrong I love standing but you have to respect those who can't do it any more but enjoy the atmosph

Like I said earlier the drunken fan was at his first match after a banning order maybe the steward had had previous trouble with him.He was looking for trouble either with a steward or another Derby fan,he wanted a confrontation believe me,if the stewards had not got him arrested some innocent fan would have been on the receiving end of his T*ATISH attitude

It's obvious that the longer the game stays 0-0 the tougher it's going to get.

We're an excellent counterattacking team - the best in the Championship by far and we can play at such pace. But we can't play like that unless we're winning or the other team give it a go.

People may say we played poorly yesterday but goals change games and I'm sure if Russel's header had gone in we could have routed Rotherham by three or more goals as they'd have had to push forward and leave spaces at the back.

We had 67% possession yesterday. That's unreal for the Championship and goes to show exactly what Rotherham's game plan was. Sit back, soak up pressure and aim for a goal from a set piece.

I think there will be more games like this at the iPro this season. Teams will do the same. It's just our job to up the tempo when needed and also be patient if that first goal doesn't come.

I know that we can and will destroy teams this season so it's those patient wins against defensive teams like Rotherham that make me even more sure that we'll achieve our goals this season.

Wow just wow.

The south stand is not a standing area. It has seats and some people would rather use them. Last year the lower tier predominantly sat, and again yesterday.

If people who bought seats in the south stand wanted to stand they should have got seats towards the back where the standers congregate.

You cant have a go at the stewards for doing their jobs especially when a fan is being aggressive.

I sit if the person behind me sits, and stand if I sm blocking noones view. On saturday I asked the guy behind if he minded me standing up. Its called manners.

To be fair the club can't advertise it as a standing area but it was known this was the stand to get the atmosphere going and surely people must know this means people will be stood up? You don't see the Kop at Anfield everyone sat down belting songs out do you?

South stand ST were sold out so maybe they couldn't get one in the upper tier, manners surely should have been if you're not going to join in go and sit in one of the 3 other stands and allow those that do to get in the South Stand. Bit unfair to go in and expect people to sit down, it's not like those that want to stand can go elsewhere in the ground is it.

Wow just wow.

I sat even though people in front of me were stood,

did I complain about it though

no because thats what I expected moving to an area trying to create an atmosphere

To be fair the club can't advertise it as a standing area but it was known this was the stand to get the atmosphere going and surely people must know this means people will be stood up? You don't see the Kop at Anfield everyone sat down belting songs out do you?

South stand ST were sold out so maybe they couldn't get one in the upper tier, manners surely should have been if you're not going to join in go and sit in one of the 3 other stands and allow those that do to get in the South Stand. Bit unfair to go in and expect people to sit down, it's not like those that want to stand can go elsewhere in the ground is it.

Could not agree more,

I thought that was the whole point of the south stand

Before anybody starts jumping to conclusions, I take my lad to the footy and always drive so Im not sticking up for people who want to drink or some fan,

like Ive said I dont care about that fan that got thrown out but from my view 10m away it looked like the steward was goading him which isnt acceptable,

Can't believe people expected to sit down in the SS.

We didn't sit for Forest or Brighton. The SE was only half sitting when bored.

Are people really asking for tickets in the South Stand and then turning up surprised when people are standing?

C'mon, really?

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:47 AM

FrostedRam, on 10 Aug 2014 - 01:43 AM, said:snapback

I think that this is your view because the away support were closer to yourselves than we were. From the south stand (and i sit 10 seats from the away fans) it was pretty even, we out sang them in stages, they outsang us occassionally but after we scored it was no contest. Yanno it isn't just the south stands responsibility to create an atmosphere, the east stand is now right next to the away fans so your stand should be contributing something rather than sitting there complaining about the lack of noise from us... 

I was in East Stand near away fans.  There was plenty of noise form south Stand. A great visual effect seeing standing behind the goal.

Fans could always sing more ......but is not a given

East Stand did have some really loud drunk singers at the back ......just never took off much :-)

"we'll sing on our own" was very apt

igorlegend, on 10 Aug 2014 - 02:21 AM, said:snapback

Disagree about Omar, thought for his first appearance in English football he played well. He's gone from being a tiny fish in the ocean at Real where hes expected to just get the ball and pass it to Alonso/Modric etc to a normal fish in a normal pond where people expect him to dictate the play from deep. It'll take him a few games to make the position his own but he certainly didn't shy out of any challenges and I expected this to be the case. 

Fact is he gave the ball away needlessly on many occasions.  Looks even worse on seeing it played back.

Cyrus Christie could be Alonso .... they both needed the ball passing to them and not into touch.

Yes, one pass forward was ambitious down the centre of the pitch, and 50:50 whether it made it to Derby player and left us with a good attack.

My issue is he looked nothing like calm and composed.

Christie never acknowledged  Omar one bit as they throw in was then taken and the two of them lined up to win a header.

I may read to much into it ....but Cyrus was not impressed and no apology for bad pass was given.  Cyrus expected better ....

I am not wishing to over judge, and I hope my fears on Omar are wrong. I so wanted him to play well

He side footed two hoofs up in the air for no reason ......

This is just his passing ...his tackling was light weight, he missed an admittedly hard tackle in the box as ball dropped in box to put their man in for shot Fozzie cleared off line

Hopefully it was nerves, but if nervous for us, hate to think how nervous he was trying to play for Madrid

His team were relegated last season, so maybe not much match time in a motivated team, and this is a big step up for him

Fingers crossed next time he steps in he can hit ground running, as that is what his position dictates

Archived