Who is going to Charlton?

B4ev6is

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope chalton a lot easier getting there than wembley that was a total nightmare but I hope it closer two something hours so we get there something like 4:30

Charlton is further mate.

You have got to cross London and get south of the river.

Not much in the way of pubs near the ground if your coming by coach if memory serves. One on the corner by the lights will take away fans but is normally rammed (excuse the pun).

Best drinking around London Bridge but the coaches won't take you there.

No mushy peas either this far south, get your fix early.

Hi B4

You are clearly excited by the trip to Charlton, you mentioned you had never been before. I am a bit concerned that the visit may leave you a bit deflated, as even the South East London Tourist Board describes it as, and I quote, "a bit of a sh!thole". I hope that it will be both your and my last visit to the Valley for some considerable while.

Hi B4

You are clearly excited by the trip to Charlton, you mentioned you had never been before. I am a bit concerned that the visit may leave you a bit deflated, as even the South East London Tourist Board describes it as, and I quote, "a bit of a sh!thole". I hope that it will be both your and my last visit to the Valley for some considerable while.

I like The Valley, proper inner city/town ground where you turn the corner and there's just a massive stadium right in front of you.

Inside is also decent, different from most other modern ground.

Surrounding area is a dump admittedly, but adds a bit of character to the experience. 

I like The Valley, proper inner city/town ground where you turn the corner and there's just a massive stadium right in front of you.

Inside is also decent, different from most other modern ground.

Surrounding area is a dump admittedly, but adds a bit of character to the experience.

Actually compared with East Kent, I suppose South East London is a bit like Disneyworld.

Archived