Bennett and Freeman to Sheff Utd deal "dead" - BBC Radio Sheffield

DEL

possibly how the fee would appear in the accounts

But if shef utd were willing to spend the money would it make a difference if it were on a permanant transfer or a loan when it appeared on the accounts?

To be honest, i don't know enough about the inner workings of a transfer deal to know if this would genuinely make a difference or not but i would have thought it wouldn't as long as the club were willing to spend the money in the first place.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SRG has got 24 different screenshots ready and waiting to go...

You may think that but I haven't. You've been on here long enough to know I don't claim ITK with anything other than Mason Bennett. I got his loan to Chesterfield last year. If I'm wrong, then I'm happy to admit it.

Forgive me, didn't Nige say the deal was dead after his first offer was knocked back?

He's got an odd negotiation style. At first the deal was dead because the clubs demands were unreasonable. Then suddenly they make another bid that meets our valuation, but Freeman's demands are unreasonable. Eventually he'll just give in to Kieron's demands as well and pretend for a bit that he negotiated hard and managed to haggle his way to getting top value for money.

Archived