multiple topics on same player

Gritty

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay heres a tip to make navigating it easier. Instead of just looking at new content page open the transfer talk thread. All the transfer talk threads then appear in time order and if you look down the titiles you can see who we are linked with and the source, and which is the latest story.

I think its wuite clear doing it that way. Of course dooing that would also meant you would have seen this thread

which demonstrates this quite well and could have added to the discussion their instead of starting a second thread on the same topic.

I understand the rationale behind naming the source in the title of the thread. But it makes navigating the board harder.

Could I suggest a return to one thread per player please?

I totally agree. The whole point of having one thread per player was that it kept everything simple and less cluttered, unlike other forums.

Hard to know which thread to comment on now when there are multiple ones for the same player.

I understand the rationale behind naming the source in the title of the thread. But it makes navigating the board harder.

Could I suggest a return to one thread per player please?

The reasoning behind it is in this thread

One thread per player simply doesn't work anymore with the amount of posters we have, for those that are on 24/7 and keep up with the threads it was great, for others it was difficult to find what the latest news is, you can end up going through 30 odd pages of nothing but puns and other crap. We also had repeated links to articles then another 10 members posting about duplicate posts and before you know it we're 50 pages in.

For every one person that moans about this system you will find one that moaned about the old system. Maybe this isn't the perfect way and will need to be tweaked. If you have any suggestions other than the old way I'm listening but it's one of the most important boards that people look for the latest news, it must let members see quickly the latest news without having to trawl through a 500 page thread, that was ridiculous.

Also despite how messy it is, have a look at the threads, they are actually talking about the player now rather than using it as some kind of general chat thread. You can't deny the posts have improved. 

I understand the reasoning. I just disagree with it.

But understand it is the moderators call and the amount of time they have to (voluntarily) spend on the forum is very important

What do you disagree with?

That it was easy to find the latest news in a multi page thread or just the way we have set this up now.

Like I say suggestions are more than welcome, probably is a better way to work it

I found it fine to find info the old way. I would just scan down. Often I would just go to end of thread and work back a couple of pages. Anything earlier out of date.

But I appreciate that if it was an administrative nightmare for the admins, that is important. You do a very fine job.

I will think if there is a better 3rd way.

• 2 weeks later...

You got what you want, you got what you waaaaaant!

Those who hated puns, you got what you want!

Sweinhunts.

Were on the edge of society now Boycie. Almost hunted out of existence by the Anti-Pun Militia.

Keep strong, there's still a few of us waiting our chance  Our day will come, might be a long fight but at the rising of the pun, we will remember them.

Surely the posters should be the first line of modding. Posts like incoming rumours are the lifeblood of a board, problem is everyone wants to be a comedian or picking folk up on grammar and spelling mistakes instead of being responsible for keeping these threads clean of all the bullshit.

Surely the posters should be the first line of modding. Posts like incoming rumours are the lifeblood of a board, problem is everyone wants to be a comedian or picking folk up on grammar and spelling mistakes instead of being responsible for keeping these threads clean of all the bullshit.

I'd have bugger all to post about if it wasn't for bullshit. I've marked your card, sonny.

Doesn't help when the main transfer window is during the school holidays.

I do agree 1 thread is much better....IF it wasn't full of crap. Self modding will never work, we had to do something and it has made it much better, not saying it's perfect but the quality of threads as improved massively.

Not trying to "dress" anything up either and it's impossible to please everyone.

Archived