Josh Lelan set to join Swindon on loan - Swindon Advisor journalist

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-defender-josh-lelan-joins-swindon-town-on-loan-1776476.aspx#gwbChjs2cUIb5Q5f.99

Defender makes loan switch to League 1 outfit.

Derby County Under 21s defender Josh Lelan has joined League 1 Swindon Town on a month-long youth loan deal.

The central defender is currently in his second year as a professional with the Rams, after graduating from the Academy last summer. 

Swindon are managed by Mark Cooper and finished last season 8th in League 1 and Lelan

Just spoke to a Swindon fan I know and he claims that they are waiting on signing Stephens from Southampton who won't leave until they've signed some more defenders. So this is likely a stop gap for that.

I've always rated Josh Lelan who can play CB or RB. I remember the youth FA Cup game we won against either Man City or Chelsea. Lelan and Jamie Hanson were outstanding in the heart of our defence.

Agree though, as Farrend Rawson has gone to Austria Lelan must be dropping down the pecking order. If he plays for Swindon, a League One loan would be great experience for him.

Archived