Zenit St Petersburg v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apart from him

Obviously.

See, yer struggling aren't you.

Err... he's their only Ukrainian international at St Petersburg is about 600 miles from Ukraine. It is in Russia. They have more Belgian Internationals than Ukrainians. 

Witsel played every game for Belgium at the WC, likewise Shatov and Kerzakhov for Russia. Tymoushuck has 120 odd caps for Ukraine, Arshavin was one of the best players in the world 5 years ago. They're a pretty decent outfit.

What would you like me to use for my criticism? A game we played a year ago? Maybe a game we played two months ago last Wednesday?

Just what are you talking about?

We made mistakes so I am critical over the players that made those mistakes.

I am a boss over many people. When they make mistakes, I am critical toward them. It doesn't matter where or when the mistakes happen. I agree, they are less important in pre-season but isn't pre-season also a time when the manager is looking at the players to decide if they are good enough?

You say the defence performs well when it counts. I'd say it counted when that defence made mistakes leading to the winner in the game that really did count...wouldn't you?

What would you like me to use for my criticism? A game we played a year ago? Maybe a game we played two months ago last Wednesday?

Just what are you talking about?

We made mistakes so I am critical over the players that made those mistakes.

I am a boss over many people. When they make mistakes, I am critical toward them. It doesn't matter where or when the mistakes happen. I agree, they are less important in pre-season but isn't pre-season also a time when the manager is looking at the players to decide if they are good enough?

You say the defence performs well when it counts. I'd say it counted when that defence made mistakes leading to the winner in the game that really did count...wouldn't you?

First half thought it was pretty end to end, they got a slightly dubious penalty I'd say which produced a great save from Roos, who was the big plus point for us, outstanding throughout both in shot stopping and on crosses.

Second half we seemed to peter out a bit (maybe they had the edge in fitness at this stage) and they created all the chances.

Keogh not having the greatest of games being caught in possession more than once and being twisted and turned quite a lot it seemed.

Christie I thought started confidently but showed inexperience with some dangerous passes near to his own box, probably was a bit unlucky though that his interception fell to their forward for the opening goal.

His replacement Toure looked reasonably solid I thought (probably more of an out and out defender).

Looked like Thorne got a dead leg so hopefully he'll be OK.

We looked a bit lightweight as an attacking force as the game wore on and gaps appeared at the back but not all tests will be as stiff as this and we gave a decent account of ourselves for a good part of the match.

Hopefully we can get a result against the Bosnian Premier League team on Friday.

Half of these quotes are duplicates.

Anyroad. Not good enough to seriously threaten a very good side, but, it was only a friendly. Centre halves need to wake up though.

Next.

2-0 Zenit Boo! :ph34r:

Be a great workout and will bring our football up to speed for the forth coming season

As I predicted, good work out for the players against a champions league team. Zenit gave our players no space and were discipline in keeping there shape.

Roos - quality

Dawkins - good

Two stand out players

They reached the knockout stages of the Champions League. They finished above Porto and Austria Vienna. They only lost to Dortmund by the odd goal on aggregate. You think they are Stoke City. 

So what!

They actually won one game in those group stages. Granted, they finished second. It was their first succes of any kind in the Champions League.

If you put the top half of the Premiership up against some of the poorer clubs in the Champions League then I fancy they would have the same success.

Stoke City against Zenit. I would say they are two well matched sides and I wouldn't like to predict which team would come out on top.

You think they are Real Madrid.

Archived