George Thorne

CumbrianRam

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who's the best interviewee then? I find Russell the easiest to watch. Love Bucko but his high pitched voice doesn't match his rep. He should be gruff, like his beard.

You might have a job as a Russell translator there.

Most people have "links" they use whilst their brain is working out what to say next when being interviewed ...y'know, obviously, tbh, ermmm etc trouble is it's not apparent to the interviewee unless it's played back to them and pointed out. Having said that though I would have thought that all 1st team squad should be media-trained?

You might have a job as a Russell translator there.

Speak to a lot of Scots at work, when you've got a rough Glaswegian shouting down the phone at you, on a bad line and a mini digger going off in the background, you acclimatise to the accent real quick, in comparison Russell sounds like the Queen!

Grant - 6/10 - too diplomatic

Keogh - 1/10 - just a point for facing the right way

Buxton -9/10 - good honest fella

Forsyth - 7/10 - cute

Thorne 6/10 - leave the nose alone

Bryson 6/10 - oh it's Lee Grant again. Nearly bit at the mention of Rangers though

Hendrick 4/10 - like you say, obviously not much better than Keogh

Hughes 7/10 - quite good when he's allowed out of solitary confinement by the club

Russell 7/10 - quite good but need subtitles.

Martin 8/10 - pretty honest. Doesn't always agree with what they're trying to make him say

Ward 8/10 - see Martin

Clough 5/10 - great honesty. No diplomatic rubbish that you can guess at. Too many "erm"

McClaren 5/10 - Leeds haven't played "good football" for like 10 years. Let Simmo hold the coffee too. But what he says is usually exactly what gets said by the down to earth fans. He won't say something is good when it isn't. He doesn't like winning ugly. He doesn't make excuses.

Is there any subtitles so I can understand what they saying on their interviews? Anyway George Thorne is my favourite player now :D

Bucko's a pure 10/10, the man cried on camera because he loves the club so much.

Is this interview on YouTube, never seen it, want to see it?

Did anyone watch the Hang out they did with Russell? That **** was hilarious, but I don't think I was supposed to be laughing.

So who's the best interviewee then? I find Russell the easiest to watch. Love Bucko but his high pitched voice doesn't match his rep. He should be gruff, like his beard.

Bucko is quality though, simply because he tries so hard to be "down to Earth". Like that interview where he's complaining about the training workload being triple what it normally is or something, but then followed it up with "obviously, I know there's lads slogging it out in factories and that and i'm very lucky to be in this job. I know what it's like, I've been on the other side, had a proper job before. So I'm very grateful..."

Martin is also quality in interviews, he's not like Thorne or Bryson or Keogh where they are a bit camera shy. He speaks confidently and comes across as intelligent. Which is an odd trait for a big bully centre-forward like him. Usually that type of player is as thick as pig *****. 

Bucko is quality though, simply because he tries so hard to be "down to Earth". Like that interview where he's complaining about the training workload being triple what it normally is or something, but then followed it up with "obviously, I know there's lads slogging it out in factories and that and i'm very lucky to be in this job. I know what it's like, I've been on the other side, had a proper job before. So I'm very grateful..."

Martin is also quality in interviews, he's not like Thorne or Bryson or Keogh where they are a bit camera shy. He speaks confidently and comes across as intelligent. Which is an odd trait for a big bully centre-forward like him. Usually that type of player is as thick as pig *****.

Don't get me wrong, I love Bucko. He's my screensaver on my phone and I printed crap loads of posters of him to decorate the office before Wembley, didn't even consider another player.

I like what he says, his voice just don't match his face.

TobyWanKenobi

34. Excellent choice in number. That brings the average squad number of the side up to 13.84, making John Eustace at number 14 the most average player in the side.

34. Excellent choice in number. That brings the average squad number of the side up to 13.84, making John Eustace at number 14 the most average player in the side.

Sounds about right  :lol: Think this'll be his last year now, surely?

Archived