George Thorne

CumbrianRam

I said after Wembley that if we had won I honestly believed that we would have made Europe in three years. Now we've kept everybody, only two things can I see stopping us from doing it in four years; we don't go up this year or if we sell players and replace them inadequately.

This thread is going to come back to bite us in the arse. Watch it lads, don't say anything you might regret come May 2015.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said after Wembley that if we had won I honestly believed that we would have made Europe in three years. Now we've kept everybody, only two things can I see stopping us from doing it in four years; we don't go up this year or if we sell players and replace them inadequately.

I wouldn't say Europe just yet.. There's very good teams in the prem that don't make it.. In the next 4 years I'd just like to see us become a very content prem team.. Not the bottom 10 that just fight all year to survive.. The Newcastle type team that always finished 7-10th.. I'd like to see us benefit from having such a good academy. No point in having it if you can't develop prem level players.

that's a bit harsh.. The league has good players. The downfall of the league is that European clubs snap up the young talent. Then they're just known for having the retirement league.

Some say I'm a harsh bloke Jay mate. The problem with the MLS is that it is exactly what football would have been if the Americans had invented it. Money-driven celebrities putting fame before football. It's like the Premier League but worse. It's for people who are either American players who take the game seriously and want to be taken seriously, old players looking for their last paycheck, or younger players who can't be arsed and are looking to make easy money to play at 50% of their ability. The first lot usually end up in Europe or South America eventually.

Some say I'm a harsh bloke Jay mate. The problem with the MLS is that it is exactly what football would have been if the Americans had invented it. Money-driven celebrities putting fame before football. It's like the Premier League but worse. It's for people who are either American players who take the game seriously and want to be taken seriously, old players looking for their last paycheck, or younger players who can't be arsed and are looking to make easy money to play at 50% of their ability. The first lot usually end up in Europe or South America eventually.

that is actually very true.. I think it's just because the league was founded in like 1998? Or something like that.. So it's really not passion driven.. It's all money sense. Being somebody who's experienced football in 2 different continents I can say this.. Football in England is driven by passion... Here.. I can drive 20-40 miles and we'd all get along, in derby you'd hate people from Nottingham but think about it.. We all hate strangers, people who were just born and raised to support one team. It's all they've known.. It's just a sport that's driven by passion, and that's just the love of football.

that is actually very true.. I think it's just because the league was founded in like 1998? Or something like that.. So it's really not passion driven.. It's all money sense. Being somebody who's experienced football in 2 different continents I can say this.. Football in England is driven by passion... Here.. I can drive 20-40 miles and we'd all get along, in derby you'd hate people from Nottingham but think about it.. We all hate strangers, people who were just born and raised to support one team. It's all they've known.. It's just a sport that's driven by passion, and that's just the love of football.

The league has time to grow, but right now it's just a joke to many football fans in Europe.

Enough about the MLS anyway. What number is Thorne getting then? Lets take our guesses now.

I'm saying 13, because it's the lowest number available. Just a feeling I have I guess.

Can't have 13, that will be left free to honour Deeney's service to the club.

well that's w@nk getting a number on your shirt pre season and it looking like a knock off if the numbers get changed!

If they did change it I'd imagine they would replace your shirt or something.

Archived