Best and worst Derby matches you have been to?

ramafan

I agree with that 1968 game. It was confirmation of the beginning of our great time...

Move on a few years to the Semi Final at Hillsborough v Man Utd. The beginning of the end.....

Yes I went to Hillsborough when Taylor disallowed Nish's goal but to be fair United better team on the day as someone said earlier it was the beginning of the demise at Derby.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same season lost 5-0 home to leeds!

Leeds were our bogey team in the 70's only remember winning 3 times  against them, 2-0 at home in 72, 1-0 at there place Franny Lee goal and the infamous blood bath at BBG in 75 when we won 3-2 and Lee & Hunter started fighting.

I think the 5-0 against the dog was good, but we were expected to win(maybe not 5-0) so I will go for the 2-0 Clough v Taylor game.

I was at the plymouth game and it was gut wrenching, but I will have to go for the wembley defeat to the bin robbers. Didn't help that my car over heated coming out of wembley and had to watch all the leicester fans taking the piss and laughing and with this thread you've brought all those bad feelings back :angry: but i supose you have to suffer bad times to appriecate the good ;)

GOYR

Best game? Real Madrid at home....4-1 win. What an atmosphere that night was. I was only a nipper but will never forget that.

As for the worst game, well for me it had to be either Newport County away (where Bobby Davison got clogged and Wally was swimming in the 6 yard box - bloody game was abandoned) or Brizzle Rovers at Pride Park in the FA Cup......A Premier League team taken to pieces by what was essentially a near enough non league side.

Best game? Real Madrid at home....4-1 win. What an atmosphere that night was. I was only a nipper but will never forget that.

As for the worst game, well for me it had to be either Newport County away (where Bobby Davison got clogged and Wally was swimming in the 6 yard box - bloody game was abandoned) or Brizzle Rovers at Pride Park in the FA Cup......A Premier League team taken to pieces by what was essentially a near enough non league side.

Yeah i remember the newport game we didn't even know they had abandoned it, I said to my mate the was a short half, then it slowly filtered though to us it had been abandoned. mind you it was bad.

I have been watching since 98' so not a great selection but the 5-0 deforestation last season was good doesnt beat the 2nd leg play off against Soton so much tension with the pens then storming the pitch.

v QPR was bad but by far the worst game for me (although the end result was better) was Jewells last game in charge a 1-0 utterly heartless defeat to Ipswich town at home. I dont think I have felt as hopeless about Derby after that game. Thank god he left.

Forest 5-0. Performances and results like that against your closest rivals just don't happen. It'll never happen again in my life time.

Worst - Christ there's been some **** and I'm only 22! Forest 5-2 was hard to swallow. 2-0 loss away to hull a couple seasons back on a cold Tuesday night was also a shitter.

The game I came out of feeling the worst though was the Stuart Attwell game against Forest - I felt physically sick that such a poor refereeing display had cost us the win not just once but twice in the same game! Incredible.

Forest 1-2 with 10 men. Had a fantastic day.

Worst was losing to Blackpool at Christmas. They were crap, we were crap, slow game, freezing cold. Boring and pointless.

Fond memories of a trip to Filbert street and a win over Liverpool at PP. Also a cracker v Sheffield Wednesday.

Even when we've been thrashed I've never felt so bored and fed up as that Blackpool defeat. I wasn't even angry, just proper bored and cold and fed up. Dire game. Not one player on that pitch could be arsed.

Best: Going to say the Sheff Wed home game this season, the first time I'd ever been in a private box. Free drink and food, Derby destroyed them in every area of the pitch and I shared the box with about 7 ardent Wednesday fans. Bliss!

Worst: Losing 0-3 at home to Wolves in 2005. I left the game in disgust after, having been effectively stolen from us, Tom Huddlestone scored his first ever proffesional goal against the team that moulded him. Dark days under Phil Brown :(.

Best - 5-0 at forest.... Word's cannot describe how good that felt.

Worst -2-6 at Pompey.. Had just moved back there and all my friends at school were Pompey fans and it was torture.. Pretty sure they did the double over us that year! 

Worst game: Losing 4-0 to Leicester at PP at the beginning of October in the 2011/12 season. I was moving overseas a couple of days later and that was the last game I got to see before the move.

Best Game: It's a tough call this one.  The first season I started watching as a young lad was the 95/96 season and the 3-1 win v. Sunderland at home just before Christmas has always stuck with me.  But i've also got really fond memories of the 3-3 draw v. Leeds on the opening day of the 96/97 season. I just remember having really enjoyed that game.  So either of those two.

soooo many great games to choose from.

I'd have to go with the last game at the BBG against Arsenal, full house, immense noise and we were singing for the arsenal players like Ian wright and seaman.

Nice touch, they all stayed on the pitch at the end for the celebrations and also done a lap of honour, applauding us.

Brilliant.

Worst game?, Fester playoff final.

Best game was possibly the away win at Highbury in 1989. Dean Saunders scored both our goals. I was 10 and the away end was absolutely bouncing. Growing up in Northampton I was surrounded by lots of Arsenal and Man Utd fans (obviously!?) so going to school after that was awesome. Also with hindsight if it wasn't for us, that amazing last minute winner by Michael Thomas at Anfield would never have happened.

Worst for me could possibly be the FA Cup quarter final defeat against Middlesbrough. We'd have had Chesterfield in the Semi final but we just didn't turn up. Jim Smith admitted he thought Middlesbrough would be more concerned about the league having already secured a league cup final and it seemed our players just thought we'd walk it. Probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing Derby in the FA Cup final.

Best game was possibly the away win at Highbury in 1989. Dean Saunders scored both our goals. I was 10 and the away end was absolutely bouncing. Growing up in Northampton I was surrounded by lots of Arsenal and Man Utd fans (obviously!?) so going to school after that was awesome. Also with hindsight if it wasn't for us, that amazing last minute winner by Michael Thomas at Anfield would never have happened.

Worst for me could possibly be the FA Cup quarter final defeat against Middlesbrough. We'd have had Chesterfield in the Semi final but we just didn't turn up. Jim Smith admitted he thought Middlesbrough would be more concerned about the league having already secured a league cup final and it seemed our players just thought we'd walk it. Probably the closest I'll ever get to seeing Derby in the FA Cup final.

Derby were rubbish that day, Chesterfield got robbed of a cup final apperance by that idiot of a ref Elleray who thought he was so good, right pompous snob.

Archived