Best and worst Derby matches you have been to?

ramafan

Another bad one, was against Wimbledon at Selhurst Park not sure of the year, but at half time an Italian guy who was sat in front of us turned around and asked if this was The Premiership he'd been hearing so much about? Sadly it was!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the 5-0 against forest was good, but it was a bit too easy. I think the 10 man 2-1 win was much better.

After the despair of being 1-0 down and down to 10 men in the first few minutes, to come back and win was brilliant.

I remember the rams fans cheering and waving the umbrellas, err, but then the least said about that the better.

As for bad games, the one sticks in my mind for exactly the opposite reason was the away game against Leeds in 1997. 3-0 up after 30 minutes, against the run of play I have to say, only to lose 4-3 with the last goal in injury time, tragic.

Now I know you want to click that button, but just leave it, walk away, nothing to see here.

Been watching the Rams although intermittently since 98 (Am from India so cant get much DCFC especially in TV)

Best games  - 1-0 win over Spurs in 02-03? Lee Morris squeaks one past, DCFC were in deep trouble in getting relegated and i went wild. Thought rams can escape relegation once again but still got relegated :(

5-0 win against Forest, May seem recent, But i saw something that i hadn't seen for quite some time - The swagger and the Arrogance in a match where forest were destroyed. These kind of matches wouldn't happen frequently and thoroughly enjoyed it.

4-3 loss against Man U maybe same 02-03 season, Yeah we lost but still remember Strupar's two sublime freekicks to run Man U close.

Worst games -

0-0 draw against Forest last season boxing day, Boring match and it seemed that there wasnt a crowd. Seemed like a chore.

4-1 loss to Man U in the season that should not be named. Infact most matches in that season can be termed bad games, Maybe except the 1-0 win against Newcastle (Kenny miller freekick) thought we will be saved after that win. My god i was so wrong :)

Aston Villa away 2007/8 season. We lost 2 zip and only because they weren't up to much. Our lot were a disgrace to the shirt.

Any game that season were awful apart from Newcastle(Home & Away), I bought a season ticket and along with everyone else at to endure the shame of that season. :angry:

Any game that season were awful apart from Newcastle(Home & Away), I bought a season ticket and along with everyone else at to endure the shame of that season. :angry:

Fulham at home wasn't too bad - if only for the comical own goal that earned us a point and really upset their fans......

To be honest in the thirty years I've been watching the Rams there have been so many terrific and so many dire matches it's hard to pick one of each.

Best: Forest home win this season, league cup semi first leg against Manure and the 5-0? opening day thumping of Sunderland under Cox when we'd just brought in Johnson, Kitson, Gabiadini (faster than a Lamboughini). All special but the two legged win over Fester in the league cup in the eighties especially the away draw has to be my most special match.

Worst: That FA cup defeat against Brizzle was the most embarrassing but I think the absolute worst was a home nil nil against Cambridge in the eighties - two very poor teams doing their absolute best to be really dreadful (and succeeding)- it was bloody freezing anorl and only about eight and a half thousand fans. Bad

As for bad games, the one sticks in my mind for exactly the opposite reason was the away game against Leeds in 1997. 3-0 up after 30 minutes, against the run of play I have to say, only to lose 4-3 with the last goal in injury time, tragic.

That's one of my worst experiences in football... a) going to Leeds and b) suffering through that game...

'98 

0-4 Leicester

all in 15 mins.......

That one was actually fairly dull after the first 15 mins...

That's one of my worst experiences in football... a) going to Leeds and b) suffering through that game...

That one was actually fairly dull after the first 15 mins...

I think that's what made it worse, it was such a devastatingly awful start to the game followed by 75 minutes of pretty much nothing; Leicester had the game won and Derby just had the life sapped from them. I still stayed until the very end, though, but that's 'cos my dad was driving so I had no choice.

As for the Leeds game, I remember being at home listening to that on the radio and after going 3-0 up I decided that I'd go out with my mates. As soon as I got back in my dad said to me "you'll never guess what..." and I immediately knew that something dreadful had happened, ever since then I've never been so quick to assume that a game's won regardless of the score, time or quality of the opposition.

I think that's what made it worse, it was such a devastatingly awful start to the game followed by 75 minutes of pretty much nothing; Leicester had the game won and Derby just had the life sapped from them. I still stayed until the very end, though, but that's 'cos my dad was driving so I had no choice.

There's an old bloke who used to sit behind us who after the 4th goal went in just stood up, swore and walked out...

haha i cant wait, in 30 years im going to be on this forum going "back in 2014, what a game, derby county 5 - florest 0, you should have been there son"

just like all you old geezers are now with back in 69 ;P i wasnt born for another 25 years :D

The best game was probably the win against Chelsea in 1968 in the League Cup. Dordogne Ram has has already mentioned the atmosphere that night. It was electric. Better even than the night we beat Real Madrid. About 7 or 8 years ago I got talking on a train to a Chelsea fan who has been watching Chelsea home and away since the early 1960s and although he has seen thousands of games he said that game at Derby stuck in his brain.

We had some great nights under Clough, Taylor and Mackay but I am not sure if that compensated for having to live in Derby in those days.  I bet even Dordogne Ram wishes he had spent the 1960s and 1970s in the Dordogne

haha i cant wait, in 30 years im going to be on this forum going "back in 2014, what a game, derby county 5 - florest 0, you should have been there son"

just like all you old geezers are now with back in 69 ;P i wasnt born for another 25 years :D

30 years? You'll probably get the reply:

Forest, no never heard of them .... oh, hang on you mean Nottingham Forest, I remember now, my dad told me they got relegated from the Championship in 2015 with 5 points?

Yes, worst team in history everyone called them! Whatever happened to them after they got relegated from the Conference?

The european matches were great....the first 20 minutes v spartak trnava we absolutely battered them.

But i have a soft spot for the 4-2 win over newcastle in the cup in 76

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ExHQcAvlJJU

The worst......well there been some cr@p

Fortunately i've forgotten most of it.

That Newcastle match was brilliant. I was in the Ossie End that game. The goals were superb as was the fight on the Ossie terrace.

That Newcastle match was brilliant. I was in the Ossie End that game. The goals were superb as was the fight on the Ossie terrace.

I was on the ossie end too.

Archived