Dawkins

Ward

Bennett

Santos

Bunjaku

ST

Martin

Sammon

Solid looking squad as of now. Could do with an extra ST and that holding midfielder, but all in all I think Steve will be happy with what he has got to play with for this season. Plenty of options on offer.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because of 3 players!

Thorne

Wisdom

Bamford

Tbh I did jump the gun when typing 'one'..

Wisdom was a solid player as we all know but times have to move on. He'll be playing Prem football next season without a shadow of doubt.

You have to give time to Christie. He'll prove his worth and improve. Similar type to Fozzy. 

Bamford got found out. Yes he could score out of nothing, but to start him was a crime. Rarely tracked back. Think we have replaced him well and even more so if we sign Calero.

Tbh I did jump the gun when typing 'one'..

Wisdom was a solid player as we all know but times have to move on. He'll be playing Prem football next season without a shadow of doubt.

You have to give time to Christie. He'll prove his worth and improve. Similar type to Fozzy. 

Bamford got found out. Yes he could score out of nothing, but to start him was a crime. Rarely tracked back. Think we have replaced him well and even more so if we sign Calero.

Not sure I'd agree with that. We dont know alot about Calero, a couple of friendlies v non league aside. We are still 1 striker short for me. I'd get shot of Sammon and get a proper back-up for Martin or take Bamford back.

Benjaku is a CAM, the lack of cover at LB is a real concern. I don't class Bennett as a winger either, he is a striker first and foremost. We've got a few gaps to fill yet.

Two words:

Max Lowe

I'm less worried about Thorne and more concerned about getting a proper goal-scoring back-up for Martin. If he got crocked early, we would be in trouble.

Everyone that played Championship Manager / Football Manager knows you preferably have four strikers to choose from.

Assuming we get Thorne, Wisdom could be a big loss and right back is an area that really concerns me at the moment - we'll see who they bring in.

Bamford's overall play won't be missed much but his goals from nowhere could be. I'm sure we'll sign another forward though and if Russell can stay fit for the whole season, he could contribute a fair few goals.

Happy with our players like Hendrick, Bryson signing new contracts, totally UNDERWHELMED by signings, I don't think squad is as good as what we finished with yet, I believe we need another RB, CD, a midfielder as Thorne doesn't look like he is coming in a month of Sunday's and we need cover for Martin in case he gets injured we were lucky last season he stayed fit, Sammon is garbage and god help us if we have to rely on him.

Happy with our players like Hendrick, Bryson signing new contracts, totally UNDERWHELMED by signings, I don't think squad is as good as what we finished with yet, I believe we need another RB, CD, a midfielder as Thorne doesn't look like he is coming in a month of Sunday's and we need cover for Martin in case he gets injured we were lucky last season he stayed fit, Sammon is garbage and god help us if we have to rely on him.

Do you actually believe that or are just jumping on the "let's forget about him and move on" bandwagon to look cool?

3 loan signings made our squad significantly stronger... how are we supposed to have an accurate idea of who is available until the 25 man prem squads have been announced? 

We are stronger now than this time last year so that is progress. We will have to wait till August to get loans in who hopefully will be as good if not better than those we had last year.

I fully believe come the start of the season we will be stronger than we was im the playoffs

Archived