How the squad is shaping up. 14/15

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 loan signings made our squad significantly stronger... how are we supposed to have an accurate idea of who is available until the 25 man prem squads have been announced? 

I'm just going on what's been happening up today, let's see what happens.

I still feel like Thorne will come and we'll get a couple of quality loanees late on.

I think it's also fair to say that the younger players like Hughes and Hendrick are significantly better and stronger than they were at this point last year, and we may have more younger players stepping into key roles this season. I can see at least Bennett having a much bigger role this season.

Looking at the squad we had going into the play off final, we have replaced Wisdom with Christie, Bamford with Santos, Bavies with Bunjaku, Ledgzins with Roos and Thorne with Coutts,

Yes, interesting. In essence I don't know enough yet about Christie, Bunjaku, Santos & Roos to comment. I rate Paul Coutts very highly but I think Thorne is the better player. In reality we need most of those players to become gems if we are to be equal or better than last season.(subject to any loans yet to materialise).

Archived