Argentina v Holland

top 6 finish

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every ******* team I've wanted to win at the world cup has failed to do so without exception. *****.

I'm going to have to hope Germany win the world cup.  :(

Muller isn't even in the top three German players.

Maybe not in terms of flashiness, but Muller is easily one of the best players in the world by the effect he can have. It's telling that the collapse we witnessed yesterday started with Muller peeling away at a corner to finish calmly, and was followed by him setting up Klose for his 16th World Cup goal. He has done it time and time again in the big matches, and has shown a tendency to be able to get a whole team playing better.

There are players like Messi and Ronaldo who can look stunning in a great team, but Muller makes the team around him better, and has an incredible ability to read the game. If Germany go on to win this World Cup, Muller has had a massive, arguably decisive impact on it.

Will end up as the greatest tournament goal scorer in history.

10 goals and 6 assists in 12 games at World Cups as a 24 year old. With his natural fitness he could be there 2026 for his 5th World Cup.

Oh ok......maybe he should have held one back after Krul's heroics.

Considering that they seemed to be playing for penalties, you're probably right. I think his problem was that he had two unfit players - van Persie and de Jong - who needed replacing.

van Persie clearly shouldn't have played so van Gaal is not always the tactical genius it seems.

Archived