Mason Bennett.

Walsall_Ram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy always seems to try to be in the know, but rarely is.

He's just stating the obvious here. If he does manage it, he'll look like a genius ITK guy, if he doesn't then so what. No one will know.

And talking of Mason I have to say that I just don't seeing him having enough to make it with us at this level. He just doesn't seem to have improved at all over the last year or two except to get a bit bigger. Still young I know, but he just doesn't seem to have anything in his locker except kick the ball past a defender and beat him in the sprint - which at this level I don't think he can manage to do.

And talking of Mason I have to say that I just don't seeing him having enough to make it with us at this level. He just doesn't seem to have improved at all over the last year or two except to get a bit bigger. Still young I know, but he just doesn't seem to have anything in his locker except kick the ball past a defender and beat him in the sprint - which at this level I don't think he can manage to do.

Scored a towering header last night. Also, he's not 18 until next week so I think writing him off is a tad premature.

Did you see him tear Ashley Cole to shreds in the cup match? Anyone who can do that deserves a little patience.

Think you may see the best of him this season. Will be a brilliant impact sub for last twenty/thirty minutes of games.... Also think you can rely on him starting a few games when others pick up niggles.... Proper raw talent on our hands here....

To all the critics...seriously shut the **** up. He is 18. People moaning about what they have seen of him when he has been thrown on late in games. Stuck out wide on the line and told to beat his man and put a ball in. Just look at that leap. He can beat a man. Despite his size he is an incredible athlete. He is not only a poacher but can also finish from outside the box. He made Ashley Cole look like a league 1 player for Christ sake. 

I would very much like to see him given the opportunity to get a more consistant run of appearances and I'm looking forward to seeing what sort of impact he can have in the first team this season.  It's easy to forget that he started playing for the first team squad when he was 15 and he isn't yet 18, he definitely needs a bit more time before we start writing off his ability at this level.

Plenty of time for him to develop. The only concern was that he never really did much when he was loaned out at the end of last season. 

Still maybe he will be able to step up this season and play a role behind Russell, Dawkins and Ward

Archived