watching glastonbury?

South Ram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recorded the Metallica set and just watched it (thanks, TIVO) - a band I've seen many, many times over the last 30 years and they NEVER disappoint. Naturally it was a somewhat toned-down set for Glastonbury (for instance no pyros, especially during 'One' and no in-your-face stuff like Last Caress/Green Hell or Damage Inc), but they sure as hell kicked ass.

Personally I'd have loved to see them perform 'So What' (the classic Anti-Nowhere League cover) and watch the entire BBC go into meltdown but it was not to be. Probably for the best - they'd have never covered a metal gig again.

James's voice as good as I've heard it for over a decade, and if there's a better lead guitarist than Kirk Hammett, I'm yet to hear him.

Recorded the Metallica set and just watched it (thanks, TIVO) - a band I've seen many, many times over the last 30 years and they NEVER disappoint. Naturally it was a somewhat toned-down set for Glastonbury (for instance no pyros, especially during 'One' and no in-your-face stuff like Last Caress/Green Hell or Damage Inc), but they sure as hell kicked ass.

Personally I'd have loved to see them perform 'So What' (the classic Anti-Nowhere League cover) and watch the entire BBC go into meltdown but it was not to be. Probably for the best - they'd have never covered a metal gig again.

James's voice as good as I've heard it for over a decade, and if there's a better lead guitarist than Kirk Hammett, I'm yet to hear him.

Again? When was the last time they sent a single reporter to Download or Sonishpere yet they send half the the bbc to glasto!

PistoldPete2

Will be no good watching tonight on a small screen, Dolly's on :rolleyes:

Shes quite small height wise. She will provide cover from the rain those in the front rows. 

Again? When was the last time they sent a single reporter to Download or Sonishpere yet they send half the the bbc to glasto!

They covered Monsters of Rock live for Maiden many years ago.

Bruce orchestrated the largest-ever crowd participation "F**K OFF" to let them know what metal heads thought of their 'coverage' - and the rest is history.

Shes quite small height wise. She will provide cover from the rain those in the front rows. 

Gonna need a bigger telly

They covered Monsters of Rock live for Maiden many years ago.

Bruce orchestrated the largest-ever crowd participation "F**K OFF" to let them know what metal heads thought of their 'coverage' - and the rest is history.

That does make sense, but sure after 9pm they can grow a pair and show it

I always enjoy TeamRock radio having to censor songs ridiculously, have to remove entire Steel Panther verses!

That does make sense, but sure after 9pm they can grow a pair and show it

I always enjoy TeamRock radio having to censor songs ridiculously, have to remove entire Steel Panther verses!

If they'd covered Donington this year, they'd have had to remove Steel Panther - period.

Looking forward to next years download announcements already, might actually make it to one for a change!

It's gonna cost me over 600 quid(me the wife and our lad) next year. It's an expensive doo ya know. :rolleyes:  :D

Archived