watching glastonbury?

South Ram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metallica the only reason I watched it.

No surprises with the setlist, bit surprised Battery wasn't played and Cyanide was.

Wish Kirk would stop screwing up on Fade To Black intro, gutted no newer material was played (Lords Of Summer..)

oh yeah and Metallica were great as per. Like you Eddie, I've seen them many a time and you know what you're going to get.I wont get into the guitarist debate on this thread though  ;)

Joe Bonamassa was absolutely superb at Download this year. Spellbinding.

Metallica the only reason I watched it.

No surprises with the setlist, bit surprised Battery wasn't played and Cyanide was.

Wish Kirk would stop screwing up on Fade To Black intro, gutted no newer material was played (Lords Of Summer..)

My ears are completely shot and I wear hearing aids so I wouldn't know about Kirk screwing anything up (all sounds are different to me now). I'm ok still at live gigs because I can take the hearing aids out, and listening to music at home (bluetooth directly into the hearing aids to avoid the cruddy microphones).

My ears are completely shot and I wear hearing aids so I wouldn't know about Kirk screwing anything up (all sounds are different to me now). I'm ok still at live gigs because I can take the hearing aids out, and listening to music at home (bluetooth directly into the hearing aids to avoid the cruddy microphones).

"http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/10/12/1350038151140/Man-uses-an-ear-trumpet-008" alt="Man-uses-an-ear-trumpet-008">

I have unilateral hearing loss and have let my family know; so they're quite understanding when I choose to turn a deaf 'un  ;)

Recorded the Metallica set and just watched it (thanks, TIVO) - a band I've seen many, many times over the last 30 years and they NEVER disappoint. Naturally it was a somewhat toned-down set for Glastonbury (for instance no pyros, especially during 'One' and no in-your-face stuff like Last Caress/Green Hell or Damage Inc), but they sure as hell kicked ass.

Personally I'd have loved to see them perform 'So What' (the classic Anti-Nowhere League cover) and watch the entire BBC go into meltdown but it was not to be. Probably for the best - they'd have never covered a metal gig again.

James's voice as good as I've heard it for over a decade, and if there's a better lead guitarist than Kirk Hammett, I'm yet to hear him.

I remember Download in 2012 when Anti-Nowhere League were playing a few hours before Metallica and I went to watch them simply to hear 'So What' because I knew Metallica would never play it.

Their Glasto set looked a tad boring and all the stuff we've heard before. Then again, maybe the Glastonbury folk haven't seen it before. They had to play it safe in many ways with Glasto.

Archived