Diego Poyet

Eley1508

According to sky sports, Charlton midfielder Diego Poyet is being monitored by The Rams, Poyet, who recently rejected a new deal, is available on a free.

The 19 year old is also being tracked by Sunderland, Chelsea and Manchester City

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I can gather, it's true in the sense we're monitoring him... but for a loan move once he has picked his destination. 

I heard it from a Chelsea supporter, how #ITK he is I don't know, but it seems more reasonable than us going for him permanently in the face of big interest from other club, especially when he is likely to be loaned out for first-team football anyway.

From what I can gather, it's true in the sense we're monitoring him... but for a loan move once he has picked his destination. 

I heard it from a Chelsea supporter, how #ITK he is I don't know, but it seems more reasonable than us going for him permanently in the face of big interest from other club, especially when he is likely to be loaned out for first-team football anyway.

nah i reckon we could get him.

Also, he is a very good player but on closer inspection is as defensive as they come for a midfielder. Ideal for closing out games, but I don't think he's quite up to cracking our midfield without a very big summer of progression.

Won Charlton's POTY award BTW

Also, he is a very good player but on closer inspection is as defensive as they come for a midfielder. Ideal for closing out games, but I don't think he's quite up to cracking our midfield without a very big summer of progression.

Won Charlton's POTY award BTW

potential replacement for bryson?

So he's giving up guaranteed first team football at a club that adores him and who trained him, for a bit more money and a loan move? ********.

So much for League 3 though.

So he's giving up guaranteed first team football at a club that adores him and who trained him, for a bit more money and a loan move? ********.

So much for League 3 though.

In fairness, Charlton's change of ownership and manager would have played a huge part - no doubt.

Is Charlton really a decent place to be at the minute, I'd argue not. He's obviously a talented kid, I think he still could possibly make it at a top level, so why not take the chance. He'll no doubt be loaned out and taken care of, especially if he goes to Chelsea, but we'll see. 

potential replacement for bryson?

Completely different player, bud. 

Buxton had nearly seven times more shots than him last season - I think that's the most telling statistic I could throw at you to prove that point. He clearly needs improvement in that area, which is why I don't quite think he'd be able to get in our midfielder - at least not without a huge pre-season.

Replacement for Thorne/Eustace - if anyone. 

In fairness, Charlton's change of ownership and manager would have played a huge part - no doubt.

Is Charlton really a decent place to be at the minute, I'd argue not. He's obviously a talented kid, I think he still could possibly make it at a top level, so why not take the chance. He'll no doubt be loaned out and taken care of, especially if he goes to Chelsea, but we'll see. 

Buxton had nearly seven times more shots than him last season - I think that's the most telling statistic I could throw at you to prove that point. He clearly needs improvement in that area, which is why I don't quite think he'd be able to get in our midfielder - at least not without a huge pre-season.

Sounds to me he would be for that role but I'm guessing he would be behind Eustace (?) I don't know really what kind of player he is other than DM. We saw with Thorne that as well as playing deep he was a real playmaker (something we haven't had in a very very long time) so what is Poyet's range of passing like anyone?

Sounds to me he would be for that role but I'm guessing he would be behind Eustace (?) I don't know really what kind of player he is other than DM. We saw with Thorne that as well as playing deep he was a real playmaker (something we haven't had in a very very long time) so what is Poyet's range of passing like anyone?

Passing range is very good, he's incredibly tidy with the ball - not afraid to go long either. 

He's an old fashioned central defensive midfielder, similar to Makelele. At the defensive side, he arguably was one of the top in division last season, which at 18 is exceptional. 

Passing range is very good, he's incredibly tidy with the ball - not afraid to go long either. 

He's an old fashioned central defensive midfielder, similar to Makelele. At the defensive side, he arguably was one of the top in division last season, which at 18 is exceptional. 

so we're thinking about him in case we don't get GT?

good point

so we're thinking about him in case we don't get GT?

God knows.

I'd love him to have on the bench to come on for the likes of bryson  :ph34r: , hughes and hendrick to protect the lead, but, I don't think he'd entertain that. 

It's another one that would be a good signing, but wouldn't quite fit in with our side. 

Archived