Why do you follow the Rams

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TobyWanKenobi

I was born in the city of Derby, in the county of Derbyshire. I took it as a hint that that's what I was suppposed to do.

I'd thoroughly recommend that method of team selection.

Born there and therefore have a genetically mutated love of the rams. Was a Red key holder in the Maccy D stand and the first match I really remember was (I think) a Bobby Davison brace to beat Leeds and guarantee automatic promotion back to the , then, big time. Was hooked after seeing the whole of Derby going crazy.

My Dad had been going for years, eventually my nagging got the better of him and he took me. A 1-1 draw with Hull (a Dick Pratley own goal is all I remember, other than staring at grown men swearing a lot) from that day I fell in love, and to this day I still am and no matter what happens, what division, what manager, what players, I always will be.

Was taken to a game in the late 80's (Arthur Cox era)

At home against west ham

We lost 2-1

Liam Brady was playing.

There were complaints about the ball being flat.

My uncle took me.

Wasn't hooked from the start

But it sowed a seed

They were my team from then on in.

Just became more of a fan as years went on.

But, despite there being more years of boredom/misery than joy....

I wouldn't swap them for the world.

When I was a little kid of about five or six I supported Newcastle for some reason then saw sense and realised that by far the greatest team the world has ever seen played on my doorstep. Had the 1997 goalkeeper shirt and since then I never even thought about turning back, not even to look at the letters "POOM 21" printed on the back of it.

There has been a lot of heartache, even more frustration and a little unbridled joy supporting Derby, but my love for Derby County has never wavered since taking them to my heart. I'm fast approaching 50 and got to say last season has so far been the best year by far (barring the last 2 minutes of the season) I'm full of optimism for the new season, but it will probably be misplaced, However I will always be a Ram and that will be till I die. 

There's no better feeling than hearing my three kids singing "Steve Bloomers Watching" at the top of their voices. Because I know they will always be Rams.

COYR...

I Was born in a rams shirt. My entire family supports the rams and couldn't imagine being part of any other club. Being only 23 I've not seen any real trophy success but I have fond memories of watching us in the late 90s as a kid. Once a ram always a ram

Was taken to a game in the late 80's (Arthur Cox era)

At home against west ham

We lost 2-1

Liam Brady was playing.

There were complaints about the ball being flat.

My uncle took me.

Wasn't hooked from the start

But it sowed a seed

They were my team from then on in.

Just became more of a fan as years went on.

But, despite there being more years of boredom/misery than joy....

I wouldn't swap them for the world.

Was that the game where Brady scored from a free kick?

Archived